Quantcast
  • Join the TowForce community.

It looks like you're not logged in. Register to get started and to receive Tower Down Notices.

Fellow tow op desperately needs help

A friend of mine was in an accident back in June.  He was driving his tow truck and had a medical emergency causing him to drift into oncoming traffic and strike another vehicle. NO ONE but him was injured in the accident. He received numerous broken bones, lost one of his legs above the knee, and was burned over 3/4 of his body and had to undergo several skin grafts. He is now permanently disabled and in a wheelchair. Two weeks after he was released from the hospital, his mother, whom he lived with became ill and ended up being in the hospital on a ventilator for about 5 months.  During this time my friend has been unable to work, had to sell his remaining tow trucks, and now is in danger of losing the house that him and his mom own.  I know there is a fund for fallen tow ops.  Is there such a fund or program for disabled tow ops to help them and their families ? I was told to check with our local towing association, I did this and found out the only one we have here, was only created to make the few members sound and look important to the state officials.  Most of the members are no longer even in business. His mother is now out of the hospital, but unable to return to their house until it is made safe for both of the. This is a very giving family and I hate to see them lose everything.  Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated, even if it just points me in the right direction  Or if someone would be willing to help me start a fundraiser I would be open to that as well

Edited by Knighthawk Towing
Added to