Quantcast
  • Join the TowForce community.

It looks like you're not logged in. Register to get started and to receive Tower Down Notices.

What about Honk?

TowZone

01-16-15: mikecampbelljr wrote,

Phone keeps ringing with, honk asking me to bid a call?  
Anybody work with this company?

onsiteautotruckrepair said:

I just finished doing there application. It seems like a motor club that pays your rates.

Carl4tow said:

don't forget they take their cut for getting you the call so it's not your rate and it's a bid so if customer don't like your rate you don't get the call.

Alan407 said:

Do your home work boys. Call Honk and say you need a tow and what there rates are. SURPRIZE, $95.00 hook up and $5.00 a mile and you bid how cheep??????

• 5 months later...

Well I have been working for honk for quite a while now and I charge them $75.00 hook up and $5.00 a mile. They used to take it every time, HOWEVER they have found someone else cheaper and dont call me much anymore. The other day I turned down one of their calls. Then I went to where the broken down car was in my personal car and guess what I saw? A company that can't tow for the regular MCs because they have No Insurance of any kind, come to take the car, the truck has no markings whatsoever on their truck telling who they are, they had two flats on the rear of the truck (and inside dual on one side and an outside dual flat on the other side), filthy dirty truck, the driver had a hard time getting the PTO to work, and no room for the two passengers, so they put them in their car up on the deck for a 112 mile tow!!

If they want to use that kind of Company to save a few dollars I wonder what happens when a sleepy 18 wheeler driver crosses over the medium an hits them. Who pays the insurance costs, Honk? The tow company isn't going to cause they Will be no where to be found!! Honk needs to be more carefull on who they call...Cause they are not calling me any more!

Archived