Quantcast
  • Join the TowForce community.

It looks like you're not logged in. Register to get started and to receive Tower Down Notices.

12-27-2008: truckin24 joins tow411

TowZone

Original post by: Truckin24 who is a Tow Truck Fan from Germany.

Hello all together, over the Christmas days I found this very, very interesting forum.

I'm not a owner of a company in the business of towing. I'm a class 8 truck driver in the middle of Germany near Hannover.

truckin24vogelsangactros1841megaspacemed

Every day I'm on the road with my three axle trailer.

WebPeterbilt%20Wrecker%20(Small).jpg

I'm a fan of Tow Trucks made in America and a enthusiastic model builder. I build Tow Trucks and Fire Apparatus.

In April 1991 I've visit the Stepp's Towing Service company in Tampa, FL.

The reason was the development of a new truck item for Revell of Germany.

Todd Stepp gave us his O.K. for this big project. One week I was on the yard and shot more than 500 photos and took 800 - 1000 measures of Stepp's new Peterbilt 379 with Challenger 8808 body. Back in my office I started with the development of an impressive Tow Truck model. Maybe somebody knows this big kit with more than 400 pieces.

WebPeterbilt%20Wrecker,%20Handmuster%201

1995 I've made the second model kit, an Kenworth W900 with body by Miller - Industries.

Owner of the original is Fred Viohl in Haverstraw, NY. Together with a friend I was also one week of Freds yard.

From 1990 - 1999 I've visit some states in the US. Several times I was in Orlando and saw the Tow Show, visited Tim Jackson ( Tow Times Magazine ), went over the Tennessee for a short stop at Miller - Industries and made a big turn through different other states.

1999 I've written a book about Tow Trucks in Amerika, in German language.

Here in the Tow411.net I've seen a lot of nice tow trucks. Fantastic !!! Unbelievable are the Tator Rotator ! These huge trucks are so impressing that I would like build one of these "Monster" as model in scale 1/25th for my collection.

I saw the yellow BigWheel on Kenworth T800 chassis, Bobs 4 - axle red Peterbilt with Jerr Dan body and the fantastic artwork around the truck.

And of course, Kauff's 75 ton Rotator and also the tator in service at HTS Towing.

My problem, where can I get enough photos of one of these trucks and who has an drawing for me ??? Very , very difficult.

If anybody has an idea to help me, please, let me know. I would be very happy.

Kind regards from Germany

Klaus Lassen

www.truckin24.de

www.fahrzeug-modellbau.de

here a photo of the second model in scale 1/25th I've made for Revell of Germany in 1995.
Kenworth W900 with Challenger 1040 B body made by Miller - Industries
kenworthwreckerhandmuster.jpg08%20(Small

This is the prototyp for the toyfair in Nürnberg, the finished kit came months later.

thank you for your friendly greetings ! At the moment I build, pardon, I rebuild a tractor model in scale 1/25th to an 4 - axle Tow Truck.

Here the original an MAN TGA 35.480. The 35 means 35 ton GVW and the 480 means 480 HP:

MAN%20TGA%20mit%20Empl%20Bison,%20large%

The manufacturer of the body and the recovery technic is an company from Austria with name EMPL. They made high quality products, so like tow trucks, dumper, fire apparatus etc.
001.%20Schalles,%20MAN%20TGA%2035.480,%2

Here the finished truck on the yard of the owner.

003.%20MAN%20TGA%20Bergetruck,%20Emek%20

This is the basis of my rebuild project, the MAN TGA tractor.

006.%20MAN%20TGA%20Bergetruck,%20Modell%

I've measured the whole tow truck and on my computer I make a complete new drawing in scale 1/25th. This work needs some weeks.

005.%20MAN%20TGA%20Bergetruck,%20Emek%20

From the manufacturer of the 4 -axle chassis I got a technical drawing in scale 1/25th. This drawing is very helpful and makes my project much easier.

More as soon as possible. Klaus

Archived