Quantcast
  • Join the TowForce community.

It looks like you're not logged in. Register to get started and to receive Tower Down Notices.

What would you do "Safety Discussion 34"

You just cant make this stuff up.... At what point does the owner of the disabled vehicle in these situations realize that maybe the guy they called isnt the guy for the job? Not blaming the motor home owner by any means. He called a towing company and the clown that answered told his buddies to hold his beer and watch how cool I am. But he or she had to have that what did I do feeling in the pit of their stomach at some point during the loading process. from what I can see in the pic, Its safe to assume the "tuh truk driver "had to use the wheel lift to help tilt the deck back down. It appears as thought the wheel lift is down on the ground. 

PROFESSIONAL TOWING & RECOVERY IS NOT JUST A JOB.. IT IS A LIFESTYLE

Chasing the $$$, lack of practical industry knowledge, little man complex "Look what I can do", hard saying but unsafe. Surely this driver needs some education wether it be self motivated or motivated by the authorities. As an owner operator I have done some things early on I would not repeat, its those adrenaline moments that make you search out a safer way for most of us that have been at it for a while.

• Like 1

Hello from sunny (when its not raining) Orcas Island

If he orders his roll of Flex tape in the next "30" seconds I'll throw in a "wheelie Bar" for his wheel lift ABSOLUTELY FREE just pay an additional shipping fee, R&D fee, a "you have to be SH$@%#^G Me fee and a "Stupidity Fee will be charged separately. LMMFAO

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 12/24/2019 at 6:54 PM, Orcas Tow said:

Chasing the $$$, lack of practical industry knowledge, little man complex "Look what I can do", hard saying but unsafe. Surely this driver needs some education wether it be self motivated or motivated by the authorities. As an owner operator I have done some things early on I would not repeat, its those adrenaline moments that make you search out a safer way for most of us that have been at it for a while.

Brother, I look back at some of the things I have done in the wonder years of my towing career, and can honestly say that God does protect idiots. I am living proof! If I ever push through a curriculum for an associates degree in Emergency Logistical Transportation course # 2310 will be on towing bloopers and pitfalls: how to avoid them. I can honestly say I wrote the book on and lived the topic.

• Like 2

When I was younger and dumber I did some hauling similar to that. No weight on steer axle it dont turn so good. Way over on the drive axle.  When going down hill it feels like you cant go slow enough. The overhang out the back is just nuts. If you are a religious type person you will talk to god the whole way praying something bad does not happen. Now that I am a little older and not as dumb you could not pay me enough to do that. Nothing good comes from abusing a truck like that.

I'm there with you and I have those memories. The worse were the ones with light steering and wet payment. Lord must have been with me on those tows cause we were doing things that we were told or had little option. Some thirty years later there are plenty of options. This isn't funny, though the words "Send It" can be seen on other forms of Social Media. Young Guns take that as it's crazy but acceptable!