Quantcast
  • Join the TowForce community.

It looks like you're not logged in. Register to get started and to receive Tower Down Notices.

Old Photos I found by Gale25yrs

TowZone

03-03-06: Gale25yrs Wrote,

Ok boys and girls I think this is 1982 ??? I dont recall what year GMC with Weld Built this was. Thats my boys on the back when we bought the truck on the Oregon Coast.

GMWB.jpg

The wrecker was eventually remounted on a 64 Freightliner cabover and here are a couple shots working an overturned mixer. The mostly blue truck is ours and the white 750 was our competitor's and yes we work well together 20 years ago too.

A1.jpg

A2.jpg

Mid 80's we changed our colors to red and white so the old Freightshaker got a facelift. Here we are setting up to undeck some piggybacks.

Fl16.jpg

And finally an ordinary tow from those old dark ages.

AT.jpg

Captradator said:

Gale, Great shots, thanks for the memories. Johnny

Joe Cummings said:

Great Pictures. I love the old Cat with the cable lift blade helping. Joe

Michael212 said:

Cool....ReallyCoolGayle.
sigmichael212.gif

MNPOOL said:
OOOOOO the good old days !!
npsig.jpg

rotator60 said:
That's great Gale. I especially like the 2nd pic where you can see the r/f tire of your truck off the ground.
That ole girl was a working. Thanks for sharing. Got any more? Scott Hedgcoth

Gale25yrs replied:
Oh yeah it was working alright. I had both lines run to the blade on the dozer and 2 parted from the 1" chokers over the barrel back to the blade. The the second truck had one line run beyond the dozer to a tree and that was just enough help to get it up out of the creek to where we were. The second line from the 750 was run to my tailboard through a block to the front of the mixer for a forward pull to finish the job.

Archived