Quantcast
  • Join the TowForce community.

It looks like you're not logged in. Register to get started and to receive Tower Down Notices.

Tow Truck Stolen, Driver threatened with gun (OH)

TowNews

Man stole tow truck in Cleveland, threatened its driver with gun as he fled to Medina, records say

CLEVELAND, Ohio – A Cleveland man is suspected of stealing a tow truck and waving a gun at its driver, who pursued him as he drove to Medina, according to police reports.

The 37-year-old man is being held in the Cuyahoga County Jail in the incident that happened about 10:20 a.m. Tuesday on Clearaire Road near St. Clair Avenue, according to police reports. He has not been formally charged.

The 46-year-old driver told investigators he worked for South Waterloo 24-Hour Towing in Cleveland. The business did not immediately return a call seeking comment Wednesday.

RESOURCE LINK

Agreed. I keep a door key on my person at all times that way I can leave the truck running and locked. My truck is locked whenever it is out of my sight or if i am working in any shady neighborhoods. I had a towaway customer once try to jump in my truck while i was loading his illegally parked car. Thankfully I had locked the cab. 

• Like 2

PROFESSIONAL TOWING & RECOVERY IS NOT JUST A JOB.. IT IS A LIFESTYLE

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/12/2019 at 10:17 AM, GRUMPS The Towman said:

Agreed. I keep a door key on my person at all times that way I can leave the truck running and locked. My truck is locked whenever it is out of my sight or if i am working in any shady neighborhoods. I had a towaway customer once try to jump in my truck while i was loading his illegally parked car. Thankfully I had locked the cab. 

Practically my exact thoughts and words.  Thank you.  I also lock it when I'm at the lot when I go inside for any reason whatsoever, even when it's not running.  Why give an angry tow "victim" access to gate clickers or any of your valuables/tools?

Richard

• Like 1