Quantcast
  • Join the TowForce community.

It looks like you're not logged in. Register to get started and to receive Tower Down Notices.

Tow Truck Struck: One fatality after crash on I-75 (GA)

TowNews

WHITFIELD COUNTY, Ga. — Whitfield County Dispatch says there is a confirmed fatality after crash on I-75 in Whitfield County.

Troopers were dispatched to a crash on I-75 northbound Sunday afternoon around 2:45 p.m.

According to the Georgia Department of Transportation, a white Jeep Commander was traveling north in the right lane. A tow truck was picking up a broken down green Nissan Xterra in the right emergency lane.

Officials say the driver of the Jeep Commander did not follow the move-over law and did not stay in his travel lane. The Jeep hit the back of the Nissan Xterra and then hit the tow truck.

According to the Georgia State Police Public Information Officer, the Jeep rolled several times and came to an uncontrolled stop off the road down an embankment in a wooded area.

Officials say the driver of the Jeep Commander was dead upon arrival, and the tow truck driver was not injured.

RESOURCE LINK

I am saddened to hear that the driver who did not obey the move over law died but I am very grateful to hear the operator is ok. Hopefully the operator involved was following a standard operating procedure such as running his equipment from the curb side. Sending prayers out to all affected

PROFESSIONAL TOWING & RECOVERY IS NOT JUST A JOB.. IT IS A LIFESTYLE