Quantcast
  • Join the TowForce community.

It looks like you're not logged in. Register to get started and to receive Tower Down Notices.

Tower Down - 12.02.19 (NY)

TowNews

NYPD tow truck driver dies after suffering medical episode, hitting tree in Brooklyn

MARINE, PARK, Brooklyn (WABC) -- Police say an on-duty NYPD tow truck driver died after suffering a medical episode Monday evening in Brooklyn.

The incident happened at about 5:50 p.m. in Marine Park.

The 61-year-old victim was driving a tow truck along Flatbush Avenue and Avenue R when he lost control and struck a tree, police said.

He was taken to Mount Sinai Hospital, where he was pronounced dead.

The investigation is ongoing. The driver's identity has not yet been released.

RESOURCE LINK with video

NYPDAH1.jpg

NYPDAH2.jpg

Our Thoughts and Prayers are with the Family, Friends and Co-workers.

Appears as though he just rolled into the small tree. Likely didn't have much warning as to the medical emergency which would take his life. The news story leaves some details out, such as did he radio for help and past before help arrived. Not that it matters at the point.

Our industry has grown larger over the years and some in the industry are getting up there in years. A few decades ago we thought 61 was old. Today we think 81 is old, RIP DRIVER

There's an importance that suggests taking time to get an annual checkup. I had a stroke two years ago ... it came out of nowhere and I've always been in good health. I thankfully dodged that bullet and go get checked an a regular basis. When was you're last checkup?    R.

Randall C. Resch

No Grumps ... ya' can't tell her she's right for obvious reasons ... but maybe as a Christmas present, you could go visit a doctor? It's a strange thing, but wives want the security that their husbands are going to live a long life. So ... take the time to have a a checkup and give here sone piece of mind. I'm confident she will like your gift. Merry Christmas.   R.

• Thanks 1

Randall C. Resch