Quantcast
  • Join the TowForce community.

It looks like you're not logged in. Register to get started and to receive Tower Down Notices.

Billing a customer that used a Motorclub for services

MrsTow

On 12/19/2019 at 12:49 PM, Moose said:

MrsTow what have you learned from this?

Oh, I've definitely learned! I do not accept motor-club calls on a PO for any winch out that's over 15 feet away from pavement or over 20 miles away from my location....at their rate. If it's over what I stated, I let them know I do off road recovery as well. I tell them my rate and except nothing less. When I use my off road recovery trucks, I collect a non-refundable deposit upfront, the caller is told all calls are recorded and I also have video in all my trucks. Fool me once.... is all it took, won't happen a second time. I truly appreciate all the comments good or bad because it gives all outlooks on the matter and helps me decide the direction to take. Be safe out there!  :-)

• Like 3

• 5 months later...

I have often looked at this issue as a theft of services. If i was to order food to be delivered to my house and i order from 2 different places. I then cancel the other order after they have made the food and headed out to deliver it. In my state that is theft of services. You placed a call for service, it's the same thing. 

• Like 1

keep on hooking

• 1 year later...
On 11/30/2019 at 10:39 PM, MrsTow said:

So tonight, Agero contacted my company and ask if we could do a winch out of a stuck vehicle in the forest. Agero was told that we could use our off road recovery equipment but we charge different rates for this service then the contracted rates with Agero.  Agero contacted the customer and let them know our hourly rates and told the customer they would have to pay the difference that Agero wont cover.  The customer agreed. We drove 2 1/2 hrs to do this job and the customer knew how long it would take us to get there and even asked us to stop and get them water. We get to the entrance of the Forest and called the customer and found out they called out another off road recovery company in the area and that company was currently getting them out. Even tho we were on time! I contacted Agero of course because now 5 hours of time will be wasted to/from because of this person. Agero said the would pay the GOA fee. The GOA fee is not close to our hourly rate! Has anyone ever billed a customer that went through a motorclub, but agreed to rates of the towing company, then calls someone else?  Where can I find the rights towing companies have? Heck, do we have any?

we are dealing with that repeatedly so we started to require payment upfront with understanding that once we dispatch there are no refunds. Unfortunately  agero/swoop will approve it, pay it and then 3 months later we are fighting a chargeback.  for some reason they can get away with this.   its no wonder so many stop towing for 3rd party carriers.   we  learned that unless we have a signature from the cc issuer (which we know is not possible) we cant dispute it.    we are trying to figure out how to close this loophole of abuse to the towing companies but nothing yet.