Quantcast
  • Join the TowForce community.

It looks like you're not logged in. Register to get started and to receive Tower Down Notices.

Re: Florida Tow Truck Struck - Tower OK - Motorist Killed

rreschran

Just after midnight this Thanksgiving morning, a tow truck in Tampa, Florida, was struck, burst into flames and killed the motorist that ran into it. The good news is, Christine and I are thankful that tow operator Christopher P. Leipold is OK. Studies report that as many as 800-motorists have been killed in the last 10-years over the Thanksgiving holiday. I guess the numbers will continue. We send our prayers to the family of the person killed in the crash.     R.

Link:  https://www.tampabay.com/news/tampa/2019/11/28/tampa-man-dies-in-fiery-thanksgiving-morning-crash-on-i-4/

Randall C. Resch

Man, 51, Killed In Early-Morning Thanksgiving Day Crash

SEFFNER, Fla. — The Hillsborough County Sheriff’s Office is investigating a fatal crash on the Interstate 4 connector ramp early Thanksgiving morning. 

According to deputies, the crash happened on I-4, just east of Mango Road. 

A 51-year-old Tampa man was driving westbound on I-4 when he entered the shoulder just before 12:30 a.m. and collided with the rear of a tow truck that was stopped on the shoulder. 

The man's vehicle burst into flames and he was pronounced dead at the scene. His identity has not been released as of yet.

The 34-year-old driver of the tow truck was not injured.

The crash remains under investigation. 

REXOURCE LINK