Quantcast
  • Join the TowForce community.

It looks like you're not logged in. Register to get started and to receive Tower Down Notices.

Re: So. Cal Severe Weather Warning - A Little Prayer is Helpful

rreschran

This message is directed to my friends and fellow California towers as I'm watching a severe weather warning (here) for the next three days starting tomorrow. The National Weather Service says an unusual weather front will possibly deliver extensive rain, high winds and snow to elevations as low as 2,000 feet in most of our mountain ranges. While I know most of our experiences with working in snow is limited, it's times like these that an extra sense of safety is appropriate. I know ... it's not like Montana and Colorado, but in Southern California, when there's three drops of rain, the news stations call it, "Storm Watch", ... dun, dun, dun. We know that in-climate weather makes motorists mindless and incapable of driving in a manner that's safe, it's even worse when the snow comes and coupled with holiday driving. I send with you towers my prayers of safety that takes you through the Thanksgiving Holiday as you're out there driving and working. Remember, no call is worth having an accident or losing your life. Slow down your truck's speeds and anticipate the reactive changes of wet and icy conditions especially when you're in a carrier that's unloaded. Wear those seat-belts and stay off the white-line side OK? Please be careful and mindful of cold weather exposure and hypothermia. I believe is little prayer is helpful, so pack my words of safety with your winter kit, extra blanket, flashlight, food and bottled water.     R.

• Like 1

Randall C. Resch

Motorist just cannot use common sense when driving in the rain around here. This year the number of vehicles rolling over and going off the road seem to have increased drastically. They continue to drive 10 miles of more over the posted limit. Oh, and a common issue is at least one tire with a dangerous treat level. I expect this weekend to see an increased number of accidents. Praying none involve a Tow Operator.