Quantcast
TowZone

What would you do "Safety Discussion 33"

"What's an axle rating anyway, more like axle suggestion. If it fits it ships am I right nudge nudge wink wink"

Going off what my dually weighs his empty rear axle weight would need to be around 5,000lbs for him to be legal. I'm not sure how carriers balance out, but my wrecker is a little under twice that empty. The little trucks have their place in many fleets, but hauling around dead duallys is not what they are made for.

Ridiculous..... Besides the fact that it is reckless, dangerous and downright stupid, Was that tow worth the risk of damaging your rig? Did it pay well enough to replace a tore up rear end, driveshaft or u-joints at the very least?? From the looks of the inoperative clearance lights on the side of the deck, Maintenance doesnt seem to be on your top list which doesnt bode well for that fine piece of equipment your abusing..

There are Tow Truck Drivers, Then There is Towing and Recovery operators...... Which one are you??🤨

GVW on the carrier is 19500lbs? Empty 13000lbs? Ram3500 diesel 9000? Is it worth it? Not on my book.

George - - Moore's BP
We'll see you on down the road

Agreed.. My 17 4x4 5500 rollback weighs 13,300 lbs with all my gear and my fat butt in the seat. So yeah, just a lil over gcvw...

There are Tow Truck Drivers, Then There is Towing and Recovery operators...... Which one are you??🤨

This is getting to be the norm since manufacturers started making the 20ft deck for the 550 chassis. 

Having a little rollback is like owning a 16 ton to me.  Almost pointless to own unless you own its bigger brother.  

5 hours ago, BlackAutoload said:

This is getting to be the norm since manufacturers started making the 20ft deck for the 550 chassis. 

Having a little rollback is like owning a 16 ton to me.  Almost pointless to own unless you own its bigger brother.  

I feel alot better in my 5500 then i did back in the day with the dinky F350's n 3500 rollbacks of yesteryear. Those things seemed like they were overweight by themselves. I still have an old 87 chevy 3500 w/a 16' century deck on it. Shes on yard duty now just moving things around .I shudder n cringe when I think back at all the things ive hauled down the highway with that thing  in my younger days. 

Our Drivers Know Better then to try this even for a Photo Op!

They Better cause as hard as it has been finding good drivers.

Dad would FiRe any of our current drivers for abusing his equipment...