Quantcast
Jump to content
  • Come join the TowForce community.

    Sign in to get started and to receive Tower Down Notices.

NJ Insurance agents for start up companies


JT Burkard
 Share

Recommended Posts

Hey everyone.

 

 I am the Jerr-Dan sales guy for All American Jerr-Dan and I have been compiling a reference list for towing companies to help either start or expand their business. I have IAA and COPART contact info, Manheim and Adesa, list of Motor Clubs, Load Boards etc. The biggest thing is insurance for these guys. I am finding it hard to get insurance companies who are willing to sign on a new start up company with one truck. Progressive will, but they seem to want to charge these guys over $20k a year for insurance, I'm trying to help my clients become successful right out of the gate by giving them this info. Can anyone recommend companies you use, especially in NJ tri-state area?

 

These are the companies I have on my list so far, but most don't want to do start ups:

 

Chester Point Insurance

Campisano Insurance

East Coast Insurance Group

Farmers Insurance

Winant and Bomack

YouZoom Insurance Services

Progressive

 

Thank you very much for your advice. 

JT Burkard

Jerr-Dan Sales Consultant

All American Jerr-Dan, Old Bridge, NJ

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...

We were with Winant Bowmack for years, they're great people to deal with. The only reason we switched away from them is AAA partnered with another ins co that gave us a quote that blew everyone else's prices out of the water. I'm not sure how they are for new start up, but we never had any problems with them.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...
On 11/12/2019 at 7:24 AM, JT Burkard said:

Hey everyone.

 

 I am the Jerr-Dan sales guy for All American Jerr-Dan and I have been compiling a reference list for towing companies to help either start or expand their business. I have IAA and COPART contact info, Manheim and Adesa, list of Motor Clubs, Load Boards etc. The biggest thing is insurance for these guys. I am finding it hard to get insurance companies who are willing to sign on a new start up company with one truck. Progressive will, but they seem to want to charge these guys over $20k a year for insurance, I'm trying to help my clients become successful right out of the gate by giving them this info. Can anyone recommend companies you use, especially in NJ tri-state area?

 

These are the companies I have on my list so far, but most don't want to do start ups:

 

Chester Point Insurance

Campisano Insurance

East Coast Insurance Group

Farmers Insurance

Winant and Bomack

YouZoom Insurance Services

Progressive

 

Thank you very much for your advice. 

Hi, JT.

 

I'm looking to start up, hopefully with a few other fellow veterans, and this has been my biggest obstacle. Currently, we're looking at two styles of plans: 1) Towing and 2) Light Duty, non-towing services.

 

The only ones I've found, and replied, have been Progressive, who seem expensive, and atiginc.com. I include this one, as it wasn't on the list, and it may be useful to others, especially those "straight out the door."

 

I read that Liberty Mutual does, but when I reached out to them, I was told I would need to try one of their independent agents.

 

BTW, these have been for commercial auto insurance. However, in the initial research we've been doing, in addition to the auto, they're also wanting general liability. Do these firms have that, as well? I tried asking a few other small business general liability insurance providers, like Hiscox.com, but they don't provide GL for the industry, no matter if doing towing, or non-towing. Any suggestions for GL?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I haven't checked into just general liability myself mostly because the trucks I have been selling have been new or used but with a loan so they needed full coverage. I can tell you from experience and from customers, I highly suggest you get full coverage on your truck because should you get into an accident, or the truck is stolen, you have nothing then to buy a new truck with. One of my clients had basic liability on their truck (Progressive) and was totaled out by a woman driving with $1 a day insurance. Their max payout was only $5,000. Now he has no tow truck, and not enough money to buy another one. 

Edited by JT Burkard

JT Burkard

Jerr-Dan Sales Consultant

All American Jerr-Dan, Old Bridge, NJ

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm still looking for an insurance agent that will respond within this forum. On Tow411 we had several and one or two that were annoying. Now. I stated I was looking for one to contact me and crickets. Guess I'm just keeping what I got, It ain't all that back. Just thought I might do better with a TowForce Supporter. What was I thinking....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, Moose said:

I'm still looking for an insurance agent that will respond within this forum. On Tow411 we had several and one or two that were annoying. Now. I stated I was looking for one to contact me and crickets. Guess I'm just keeping what I got, It ain't all that back. Just thought I might do better with a TowForce Supporter. What was I thinking....

That was my hope as well that someone would have responded. It's a shame. 

 

On 11/27/2019 at 9:37 PM, dperone said:

We were with Winant Bowmack for years, they're great people to deal with. The only reason we switched away from them is AAA partnered with another ins co that gave us a quote that blew everyone else's prices out of the water. I'm not sure how they are for new start up, but we never had any problems with them.

I also had Winant Bowmack when I had my first truck back in the 90's. They were very fair. When I bought another truck 5 years ago, they no longer did one truck guys. 

JT Burkard

Jerr-Dan Sales Consultant

All American Jerr-Dan, Old Bridge, NJ

Link to comment
Share on other sites

JT, they used to spam the board in the past and lurk without being a supporters. Ron, would have to run them off because they weren't here to participate. Just only wanted to spam and if you asked them a question, it was liked they didn't know the answer so they didn't reply. Maybe they were just hit and run posters. We Don't Need That Here!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Moose said:

JT, they used to spam the board in the past and lurk without being a supporters. Ron, would have to run them off because they weren't here to participate. Just only wanted to spam and if you asked them a question, it was liked they didn't know the answer so they didn't reply. Maybe they were just hit and run posters. We Don't Need That Here!

That's a shame. I am obviously a salesman at All American Jerr-Dan but I am also a tow guy, not just someone looking to spam up customers. Either your a part of this industry and participate or just don't bother. People would rather do business with people who know the towing industry, vs someone who just wants to make money off them. 

  • Like 1

JT Burkard

Jerr-Dan Sales Consultant

All American Jerr-Dan, Old Bridge, NJ

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...
Please Sign In or Sign Up