Quantcast
  • Join the TowForce community.

It looks like you're not logged in. Register to get started and to receive Tower Down Notices.

02-14-2013: paramedic, tow truck driver injured in accident on i-87 (ny)

TowZone

Tarrytown, NY — A paramedic and a tow truck driver were injured in an accident after a vehicle slammed into the rear-end of an ambulance that was stopped alongside the New York Thruway Friday night, February 8, 2013. The automobile accident occurred 8:51 p.m. near the interchange of I-87 and 287 in Tarrytown, Patch.com reported.

According to officials, emergency crews were at the scene of a minor accident when a northbound vehicle on I-87 hit the rear of the Greenburgh EMS ambulance. The impact pushed the ambulance into a tow truck driver, who was outside of his vehicle at the time.

The accident left both the tow truck driver and a paramedic with injuries that did not appear to be serious. The tow truck driver, who remains unidentified, sustained a leg injury while the paramedic, who also remains unidentified, suffered a shoulder injury.

The victims were taken to Westchester Medical Center for treatment of their injuries.

The driver who hit the ambulance, a Middletown, N.Y. man was charged with failure to move to the left for an emergency vehicle.

RESOURCE LINK

Archived