Quantcast
  • Join the TowForce community.

It looks like you're not logged in. Register to get started and to receive Tower Down Notices.

Tower Injured 10.26.19 (KY)

TowNews

Early reports were that a Tow Truck Operator injured was doing a winch out. Once he got the car out, the AAA member jumped into the car, slammed into reverse and ran into him. The source stated the driver is doing OK just shaken up and was still at the hospital at 3AM this morning. The Name of the Driver along with the company will be posted as more information becomes available.

KEEP THEM CUSTOMERS AWAY FROM THERE VEHICLES...

Dad has taught me about being in control of the scene. When I am out there that stick in my mind, just wish every driver had that discipline. It is not something that comes naturally and not something companies teach. No other company around us does Training Sessions. There are only 3 of us and we sit down weekly and go over events like a sports team.

I will KEEP this DRIVER in MY Thoughts... SPEEDY RECOVERY!!!!!

• Like 1

Was there a motive to the vehicle's driver jumping into the car?

My guess is, the vehicle's driver was DUI that got him into the ditch to begin with. If the late night winch-out was somewhat easy and the car wasn't overly damaged. To avoid any possibility of the vehicle's driver being arrested for DUI, most likely, they are still under the influence of intoxication an hour later. Because most towers aren't trained in the recognition of a DUI and the fact we're not LE, it's difficult to know that a DUI is still DUI an hour later. We towers actually have little to know control of their eschewed thoughts and actions.

Note: There's no training anywhere that can pinpoint the mindset of an individual under the influence of drugs or an alcoholic beverage. And, as in any scenario that involves working with motorists, customers, even intoxicated individuals, I suggest a simple method to avoid potential possibilities like these.

So, before any tow related activities begins ... GET THE VEHICLES KEYS by asking the customer for them, or, go into the car and take them from the ignition is they're accessible. When you have the vehicle's keys, you maintain control of the vehicle. I too wish the tower a speedy recovery.      R. 

• Thanks 1

Randall C. Resch