Quantcast
  • Join the TowForce community.

It looks like you're not logged in. Register to get started and to receive Tower Down Notices.

Anyone have an idea of the value of this 1969 International ?

ESC

Yesterday we towed in a 1969 International Loadstar. It has been sitting for 20 years since it was parked in supposedly running condition.

Long story short but we are looking to sell it once we get a title. I am not sure if we should go the salvage title route or if it is worth putting the time and money into getting a clean title. This truck seems to be in pretty solid shape considering. It looks like it could make a good start to a restoration project.

db18c628698227b88c63c495e1ccb704.plistd31cf6263a5fd46a4a4443ce131d6dff.jpg5b5837e12ad211434639df08fdb78ed9.jpg4bb1d3f9140870f056e8db7d54d0858c.jpg5aabec35a0f013d229f01ba89349d109.jpgc120189f191876eb7b8044e144fac7c6.plist

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

store_21169_logo_image_1613770811.png

• 3 weeks later...
16 hours ago, JT Burkard said:

Try getting a title through Vermont. Here is a link to the procedure. Works with cars and motorcycles.

http://www.chinonthetank.com/2014/04/get-a-title-with-a-vermont-registration/

Thanks!    But, we are a licensed PA Salvor, so we have already started the title process which shouldn't be any problem.  Just takes a little bit of time.

I am mainly looking to see if anyone has any knowledge about these trucks and the value of it.  I don't want to see it go for scrap if someone may have interest in it.

3 minutes ago, JT Burkard said:

My gut feeling is $1,500 the way it sits. Clean it up, get it running, maybe $3500. It would make a cool camper conversion. 

Well, that makes me feel good about it, cause you and I are in the same ball park.   Id be a happy guy for 1,000 the way it sits.  Once I get a title on it, I may take a bit of time and put a set of plugs and clean up the points and try to fire it up.  Id love to find it a good home.

19 minutes ago, JT Burkard said:

Where is the IH located? 345 gas with a 5-speed right?

Chester Springs PA.    It is a 5 speed manual with a 2 speed rear.  Engine, unknown so far.  It does have a 2 barrel carb on it.  But from what I have found it can have 2 different engines based on the model.   I just havent had a chance to dig into it.

Just now, ESC said:

Chester Springs PA.    It is a 5 speed manual with a 2 speed rear.  Engine, unknown so far.  It does have a 2 barrel carb on it.  But from what I have found it can have 2 different engines based on the model.   I just havent had a chance to dig into it.

Most of these were 345's. Take some interior and inside box shots too. 

• Like 1

JT Burkard

Jerr-Dan Sales Consultant

All American Jerr-Dan, Old Bridge, NJ

I posted this in ATHS FB Public Group: I will be posting the replies that are not made here.

Clark N said:

Cool. I've seen a few of them over the years. Looks like it has a bit of rust. If you pop the hoods, you'll probably see the cowl with significant rust.

Still it's not too bad. They in theory can make neat campers. I'd say you could sell it as is to the right buyer for 1500.

Jessie W said:

If the inside of the horse van is in good shape and it's running, it might interest a horse person. The dually/gooseneck is the enemy of these horse vans. Vans rode better than bumper pulls and horses liked them better on trips. Firends had one for a while - IH is truly a "gas burner" and most did not have the nice seats and A/C that modern duallys would have.

Laurence G said:

We have one, that we put on the back of a '93 GMC Topkick. Whilst not common - they are not rare either - there are a few for sale in PA (where we bought ours). http://www.frankdibella.com/vans_search The old international is the key to the buy - not so much the horse compartment.

dibella_logo.png

• 2 weeks later...

JT has a pretty fair valuation. A tow company here in Southern California sold a running 69' I/H wrecker with a 500-Holmes a couple of years back for $1,500. It was in fair, running conditions with high-mileage. The truck's owner passed away and the family let it go cheap to get rid of it. While it's cool truck made from real live old-iron, it falls into a small category of old-truck affectionadoes. Unless you're willing to sit for that one-in-a-million buyer, it may be around for awhile. Good luck on the sale.    R.

Randall C. Resch

Thanks for all of the info.     Funny enough, Frank Dibella Vans is less than 10 miles away from us.... So that might be a very good resource.

For now, I have started the title process so I can get a title in PA.  Once I have that, Ill see if we can get her fired up and moving.   Im at the point that if i get $1,000 or so and it goes to a good home, ill be a very happy guy.