Quantcast
  • Join the TowForce community.

It looks like you're not logged in. Register to get started and to receive Tower Down Notices.

Talk Too Me!

TowZone

This truck is an IVECO chassis double cab,  70. 180...= 7 tons gross weight  180 hp engine  manufactured in Italy...... 

but I am not sure who made and where the body and equipment have been installed....definitely somewhere in Europe 

It has a conventional spectacle type lift suitable for about a 1 to 1.5  ton lift,  passenger cab facilities, rollup doors on the equipment lockers.  

I am not sure exactly where this is located as most UK vehicles are Right Hand Drive and Europe is Left-hand  and could be for a pilot scheme of some sort...

but it makes sense for the driver to get out of the vehicle on the safe side, thus reducing the risk of being hit by oncoming traffic. especially on very busy routes.   

The interesting thing is.... it is liveried in the UK highways agency livery   and it may be being used as quick clearance vehicle on congested sections of the motorway system.

nothing official has yet been announced but a few rumours indicate it will be operated by govt dept. drivers and operated by the state.

I will update if I learn anymore.  

John.