Quantcast
  • Join the TowForce community.

It looks like you're not logged in. Register to get started and to receive Tower Down Notices.

What would you do "Safety Discussion 32"

sounds like the winch cable popped or the hook come flying off . re watching a 3rd time the rollback was flat towing it up and out . they were not even using the winch .

me i would have had a extra chain to the pass side of the bed on the rollback for just this crazy thing knowing the HUGE drop off it would be going down .

also if there was room i would have put my bed down / snatch block in end of bed pass side / side pull / 2 wheel straps or bridal to full driver side wheels or under vehicle points / set ebrake and then slowly pull and move the whole vehicle sideways back up on to the road . setting the ebrake would keep it from rolling anymore also to give you a direct path your pulling from .

done this a few times over the years and works great .

you can also do a 45* pull setup almost the same and winch on 1 end and chain in the other and winch / bed in / winch / bed in / winch / bed in and get the same results .

oh ya dont let the customers or bystanders help EVER !

Edited by sweetk30

ex-tow truck operator . ex- auto mechanic . just a nice guy trying to make a living and enjoy life .

1987 k30 chevy 1ton 4x4 built from scratch truck as my daily driver - work truck .

Well, I would have pulled it out from the front or at least cut the front wheels to the right so it comes back up on the road. What you want to bet they hook onto that transport tie down loop on the rear.Seen to many rookies try to use that as a winch point.

you guys did see the front plate is not us size . so i am betting some 3rd world jungle mountain side backwoods stuff going on there with the stuff i saw and how far the vehicle went over and gone .

ex-tow truck operator . ex- auto mechanic . just a nice guy trying to make a living and enjoy life .

1987 k30 chevy 1ton 4x4 built from scratch truck as my daily driver - work truck .

I agree about the third world assessment. I also believe that the intent of Ron's TowForce is for towers who can't afford formal training ... they too can have a place to see what tower's are doing right and wrong. But, in the absence of training comes blunders like these where recoveries are conducted daily with farm tractors, mules, camels, even elephants are the norm in the third world. While we Americans are spoiled with the technology and affordability here at home, those folks do the best they can with what they do. However awkward or ill-equipped they are, I salute their sometimes ingenuity, creativity and drive to get the process done.      R.

• Like 2

Randall C. Resch