Quantcast
  • Join the TowForce community.

It looks like you're not logged in. Register to get started and to receive Tower Down Notices.

Ramzilla Build Images

These were originally posted in 2010. The Rebuild took place in 200?.

The story is this began a Towzilla. It was an old electric company line truck originally.

Looked like this when Timco bought it. The Frame, diffs, & x-fer case are a 1948 GMC

RAMZILLA1.jpg

Tim, cut off things I didn't want & welded on things he did want.

RAMZILLA2.jpg

Tim then made the wrecker bed, & squirted on a little paint on till it looked like this.

RAMZILLA3.jpg

And Towzilla was born or created. In time, the old cab began to rust away, & the engine got tired.

So once again, Tim cut off things off he didn't want, & welded on things he did want.

RAMZILLA4.jpgRAMZILLA5.jpg

Tim made the tunnel box & light pylon.

RAMZILLA6.jpgRAMZILLA7.jpg

And once again he squirted on a little paint.

RAMZILLA8.jpg

It came out looking like this. Towzilla was reborn as Ramzilla!

RAMZILLA9.jpg

Ed purchased Ramzilla from Tim

72607512_3617469734933654_79049441307053

And began repainting it his company color.

RAMZILLA11.jpg

RAMZILLA12.jpg

RAMZILLA13.jpg

He has just gotten done painting this unit was ready to take it out on a call,,,

RAMZILLA15.jpg

The truck was built A1 from top to bottom, it drives like a dream, Ed was very anxious to use this truck on those out in the sticks kind of jobs,, and stated it was a true pleasure going to get this truck off of Tim,, He referred to Tim is one of the nicest fellers you will ever meet. He has sure put a lot of blood and sweat into this truck and done and again did and A1 job on it,

RAMZILLA16.jpg

Ed had wanted this truck ever since he first saw it on Tow411 and was really honored to have been able to purchase it from Tim and add it to his fleet. Ed stated It will be very beneficial on those off road jobs where you wonder how your going to get in and out,,, not to mention the public relations with this truck will be outstanding, Thanks,Ed

RAMZILLA17.jpg

Timco replied to Ed by saying:

Ed, the pleasure was mine. I really enjoyed meeting you & your brother, I can`t wait for our bike ride this summer. I knew Ramzilla would have a good home with you, & I can tell you are going to work the truck like it needs to be worked. The paint job & lettering looks great, & I can guarantee you will get instant recognition every time you drive the truck.

Tellico ORV area had an adverse effect on several of us here in this area. The cabin rentals, ORV campground, motels, auto parts stores, & off road shops were especially hit hard by this event. I hated to see the truck just sit here, so I decided it should go to a good home. I am confidant I made the right choice.

As some of ya`ll know, I have built a lot of things through the years. Everything I ever built was for a customer, or else I was building it with resale in mind. This old truck was different. It was built for me, the way I wanted, with resale out of the question. It`s funny how fate changes things. I truly hope the truck gives Ed the same amount of pleasure & pride as it has given me.

Farewell, old friend.

9c80711b33e45093d338a9fc45b555547ff7900c

Well Tim, we have had about 10 inch's of snow since last night and more coming, I have been swamped and I made it a point to keep myself in the 6x6 all that I could,,,I have done several recoveries with it tonight, I also had a fully loaded single axle salt truck stuck on a back road and this ol feller brought it out, it was impressive, i couldn't get through one road because of a pickup stuck in the middle of the road waiting for AAA,,,LOL,,,that was funny,, ,it was so deep in front of the pickup from drifting that I was pushing snow with the front bumper,,i then cut through the ditch and went around the pickup to pull out the salt truck,, the county guys couldn't believe how deep of snow it went through.

I must admit though that it has taken me a little readjusting getting used to the Ol Holmes from our hydraulics, it has been probably 16-18 years since I ran an Ol Holmes,, but it is about like riding a bicycle,,,lol,,, one thing for sure is there will be a set of hydraulic stiff legs added soon,,, I am allergic to scotch blocks,,,,lol. Anyhow to say the very least this ol feller has defiWell we have had about 10 inch's of snow since last night and more coming,I have been swamped and I made it a point to keep myself in the 6x6 all that I could,,,I have done several recoveries with it tonight,I also had a fully loaded single axle salt truck stuck on a back road and this ol feller brought it out,it was impressive,i couldn't get through one road because of a pickup stuck in the middle of the road waiting for AAA,,,LOL,,,that was funny,,,it was so deep in front of the pickup from drifting that I was pushing snow with the front bumper,,i then cut through the ditch and went around the pickup to pull out the salt truck,,the county guys couldn't believe how deep of snow it went through.I must admit though that it has taken me a little readjusting getting used to the ol holmes from our hydraulics,it has been probably 16-18 years since I ran an ol holmes,,but it is about like riding a bicycle,,,lol,,,one thing for sure is there will be a set of hydraulic stiff legs added soon,,,I am allergic to scotch blocks,,,,lol.Anyhow to say the very least this ol feller has definitely earnt a stall in the stable here,,, I have been more than impressed with this unit.,,,

I'm all Ford but in this case I made an exception ,I have wanted this truck ever since I first saw it, Tim always said he would let me know if he was ever to sale it and that is exactly what he did,,, I wish there were more fellers as straight on their word as Tim is, if Tim tells you something it is set in stone.Take care,Ed

Timco Replied:

Remember it once had a Ford body on it.

a54898d67e429ce703d69f0bd850cd5922656c2c

Ed, Thanks for the kind words. I truly appreciate it.

Ed replied:

I had a challenge with this ol feller this week, a local gas company we tow for had a gas truck fully loaded setting on the axle buried in the snow and spun down until mud was in the rims, this unit was full and was grossing 36-38,000 pounds, it could not be brought straight out but had to be pulled from an angle, I couldn't begin to get a heavy to it because of high drifting from the snow so I took the 6x6 and used some snatch blocks, the weight exceeded my truck even with the scotch blocks so I tied off to the companies 4x4 service truck and got my truck to set,, it did a fine job bringing it out, I was amazed with the strength of this Ol Holmes, I never ran a 500 model until this one but it is a little workhorse. This truck has saved the day several times during this snow storm.

Timco replied:

I am truly glad to see the truck working again. It was painful for me to see it just sitting here doing nothing. Ed, you should call up Trout Unlimited & the Sierra Club to say thanks for shutting down our ORV area.679.gif

I would have never even talked about selling this old truck until the damn tree huggers crippled us here.
Again, I am glad it went to a good home, & I hope you are satisfied with it for years to come.

Thanks to all who encouraged me & had kind words when I was building this truck. I really do appreciate the compliments ya`ll gave me through out the years it was mine.

• Like 1