Quantcast
  • Join the TowForce community.

It looks like you're not logged in. Register to get started and to receive Tower Down Notices.

Boat tail Riviera

402828_5e2b895afb4bf5943b1bd4f2b226ba78.

402828_1c87ef2da1d48df05efb2fd3505efb2d.

Most of my days are filled with moving run of the mill modern cars, and a lot of pick-up trucks, and certainly my share of POS'. Today I got to move this gem! 1972 Boat tail Riviera, 99% original un-restored. Exhaust and tires are the only things not original to the car. Original paint, original brown interior is excellent condition. Even the hitch was dealer installed. Hair over 60k original miles, still technically a one owner car. Dad recently passed after fighting cancer for 3 years, his son who I met today has not transferred the title yet. Dad purchased new in 1972 at a dealership I go to often. Purchased from the dealerships owner who I know well. After sitting for approximately 10 years, they put a new battery in and the old girl started right up. His dad was able to drive the car around some before he passed. Even the A/C still works fine and still has R12. I always find these interesting when you have some history and context to go with an old stunner like this one, maybe its just me ...

• 3 weeks later...