Quantcast
  • Join the TowForce community.

It looks like you're not logged in. Register to get started and to receive Tower Down Notices.

Ram 5500 Diesel vs F550 Diesel Rollback

If your looking for reliabilty & serviceability, definitely Ram.  

Ford is a better driving truck & nicer interior only positives i can think of

Personally, empty single axle pickup would be the heaviest vehicle. Empty weight(depending how it is equipped) around 10-11k, leaves about 9k 

I have never been a big fan of Dodge. There service support has always been horrible. That being said, I lost a great deal of respect for Ford after they put ouy the 6.0 and 6.4 trash engines. Os should I say Navistar did for them. The 6.7 seems to be a winner if it is properly maintained. If I had to chose I would chose a Ford product. 

I was never a Dodge fan, now that Fiat owns them I've definitely changed my mind. We purchased a 5500 wrecker in December (love the truck) big reason is Ram has an exhaust brake then open the hood on a Ford you can't even see the engine i can only imagine how fun it would be to try and work on it, open the hood on the Ram there's room to access the engine. The cummins engine has years of proof it's good and the torque of the straight 6. I have 4 fords with the 7.3 so i am a ford fan. 

It really is a matter of preference. While the Cummins has been a powerhouse for a long time, the bodies of Dodge products have always been junky. Cab corners coming apart, cheap quality, personally I am a fan of none of the manufacturers. I do believe the new Ford diesel made by Ford and not Navistar, will compete with the Cummins.