Quantcast
  • Join the TowForce community.

It looks like you're not logged in. Register to get started and to receive Tower Down Notices.

What would you do "Safety Discussion 31"

Really no excuse. The driver is either lacking in training or just does not care. Either way it is a reflection on the owner of the business. 

That is a classic example of why insurance is so high. 

I have made many mistakes over the years. But I always try to never make the same mistakes twice, and follow all the required steps and procedures to mitigate the risk of an incident.

As though One Strap and Dropping the car was not bad enough. He backs up into the car, did he not know the stinger was out that far. Must have never looked at the monitor. I'm thinking there wasn't a monitor. Another vehicle even tried to honk prior to the Caddy coming off.

2 strap required = fail

safety chains required = fail

after dragging a low curb like this always re-check load = fail

backing up to far in to car after = fail

fixing the car in the middle of a busy intersection = fail

needs training or see ya later if he just dont care .

i am not saying i was 100% perfect but watch / learn / ask questions / watch videos on youtube in the off / slow times ask for help to use the equipment correctly .

ex-tow truck operator . ex- auto mechanic . just a nice guy trying to make a living and enjoy life .

1987 k30 chevy 1ton 4x4 built from scratch truck as my daily driver - work truck .

OK ... so let's question this as if that Cadillac rolled through and intersection and ran over four-persons waiting for a city bus.  How far will a #4,000-pound, drive-less, stop-less vehicle roll when it detaches at 40-miles per hour and what is the potential for great bodily injury or death? One strap and no safety chains is capable of ending someones life at the blink of an eye. So, isn't that why towers are trained to comply? And, intentionally failing to use appropriate safety gear; wouldn't that teeter on criminal negligence? Is it worth the risk?     R.

Randall C. Resch

On 10/16/2019 at 10:26 AM, carl4tow said:

Anyone can buy a tow truck and call himself a tow truck driver I see it all the time

but the few of us true towers in the industry can say we are TOW TRUCK / WRECKER OPERATORS .

ex-tow truck operator . ex- auto mechanic . just a nice guy trying to make a living and enjoy life .

1987 k30 chevy 1ton 4x4 built from scratch truck as my daily driver - work truck .

People, this includes many drivers as well as many owners, who do not care about what happens beyond the walls of their office, are the cause of so many negligence/ damage claims that are totally preventable. 

I do not believe in calling an incident an accident. The incident was caused by at least one person's failure to act.

• Like 1