Quantcast
  • Join the TowForce community.

It looks like you're not logged in. Register to get started and to receive Tower Down Notices.

Re: Put the Phone Away

I taught a white-line safety class this weekend with 55-tow operators in attendance. The room was darkened because of lights down and to better see the slides in the PowerPoint presentation. Towards the end of the presentation, three towers, seated in the back of the room, were watching their cell-phones instead of paying attention to what was being presented. I ordered them to put their cellphones away. This is a great example showing that not all towers are committed to their individual safety. While I know that some towers get locked into that, "Been there done that", mentality, it confirms to me that some towers simply don't care about survival. And, THAT'S a really sad reality.     R.

Randall C. Resch

Even if you know what the seminar is about, its always good to rehear it. Maybe you might learn something new, or remember something you long forgot? Training is training no matter what you have done, or how long you have done it. If you are not going to put the effort into the class, why bother attending?

JT Burkard

Jerr-Dan Sales Consultant

All American Jerr-Dan, Old Bridge, NJ

• 2 weeks later...

maybe update the class rules to state NO certification will be given to any one who is not fully participating to the class such as use of texting or cell phone or tablet devices unless there required for medical reasons such as hearing impared type cases .

i am sure people would think 2x on using them if they know they wont get the cert the paid to get for 100% participation in class .

also a basket in the front of the class for all devices to be put in and turned off also might work .

i have a stupid phone so i dont play with it and get in trouble . plus i know its rude !

ex-tow truck operator . ex- auto mechanic . just a nice guy trying to make a living and enjoy life .

1987 k30 chevy 1ton 4x4 built from scratch truck as my daily driver - work truck .