Quantcast
TowZone

September 11, 2001 "NEVER FORGET"

Where I was is forever etched in my mind. Where were you to day the world changed forever!

9-11_Header.jpg

And the day a sitting member of the House of Representative to said 'Some people did something"

is evidence we have been deeply effected. The attacks have not ended and are now from within...

I will never forget that day. My wife and I were watching the today show when the first plane struck and saw it on TV, and then the second plane struck and our hearts sank. I remember  telling my wife we need to prepare for war.

I was at work and people came in telling about it. Went home and got a portable B &W TV and brought to work. Sold ALL the gas we had in the ground that day.

George - - Moore's BP
We'll see you on down the road

Our thoughts and prayers are with all the families thought that lost someone that day, and for all the families that that have lost someone protecting our country and our freedoms that we enjoy each day.

I was at work and heard a guy (on the phone with his elderly mother) yell WHAT?....We all went to his desk thinking she was injured. He said "turn on the tv". We went to the break room and watched in complete silence. The next thing I remember is yelling no, no, NO, NO, NO! as the 2nd plane hit. The rest of the day was a blur. I went home and hugged my wife and newborn son knowing what was to come.

WE WILL NEVER FORGET

Me too! Working when a call came in from one of the drivers who was on the bridge to enter NY when the first plane hit. We immediately turned on all media devices and stood in silence as we watched, prayed and listened. 

Denise E. Witman

Shared from Ken Cruse:

As I spent some time yesterday watching some of the world trade center news made me think back to that dreadful day. Donnie & I were in the office when we heard the news. He said we have to go see what is going on. We left the office & went to his house, turned on the TV. After watching the tragedy on 9/11 Donnie tried to organize the towers close to New York City to go in and assist the police and firemen. Many signed up to Donnie’s list but were told the police had to approve the companies before they could enter the affected area.

I have had the rare privilege of making training programs for the towing & recovery industry with one of the most forward thinkers of our generation, Donald E Cruse.

I feel its only right to share some of the most profound things this man has done for towing. When we were in the towing business, he took it upon himself to start a tow bank where if you had a wrecker going out of town you could contact the tow bank to see if there was a back haul. Yes it was a reduce rate.

Donnie was one of the founding members of the Friends of Towing, that is now called The International Towing & Recovery Hall of Fame & Museum in Chattanooga TN.

He was the one that started the ORG (Ontario Recovery Group) to assist each other with recovery across Ontario and help each other get paid.

Then he went on to start the CTS (Canadian Towing Society). He attended Tow Shows across the country to get members. Later we put on our own tow shows in Ontario.

I am no longer in the towing business but still find it is in my blood. I stay connected through social media. Donnie started D C Schools with training Videos as well as training classes in Ontario. He put together the very first book with a cassette tape to help the tower.

Then came the challenge to go international. That was the birth of what has become known world-wide as WreckMaster. The very first year we were off to Hong Kong to do training for the government in tunnel recovery.

I have been fortunate enough to spend time with some of the best trainers like Ross Kinman and Steve Cardinale just to name a few.

Through their hard work they have brought more training and safety programs to this industry as well have inspired many others to follow or take a new path to keeping our men & women better equipped to handle the challenges that they are faced with every day in the new and ever changing demands that are put on the trainers today to keep up with technology.