Quantcast
  • Join the TowForce community.

It looks like you're not logged in. Register to get started and to receive Tower Down Notices.

‘Pulling to end Alzheimer’s’ (MO)

TowZone

I suppose this story is even more powerful as I lost my Dad to Alzheimer's this past January.

Part of a story by Mark Newberry which appeared in the Farmington Press Online / Daily Journal Online

As a natural extension of the body shop business, Rodney Milfelt has created a one-of-a-kind tribute to his father’s memory and to help cure Alzheimer’s.

MAB1.jpg.ebc19479d4cca32080b7dfe5da2bc57

“In 2007 I was on the internet just looking for wrecked cars in junkyards and ran across my dad’s very first wrecker that he bought in 1965 when he went into business,” he said, “He actually went into the wrecker business before the body shop. I found it in Potosi, went and looked at it and it was my dad’s wrecker, because it still had his name on it. Trees were growing through it, it was trash. I bought it, brought it back here and left it sit out here in front of the shop a month or so for everybody to see it.

“I’m going to restore this thing. About last year, about 12 years later, I started on the body and thought we’ll do something for Alzheimer’s. So it’s lettered on the wrecker, ‘pulling to end Alzheimer’s’ and it’s got some other logos on it, but we’re dedicating it to dad and Alzheimer’s. I’m trying to get it ready to lead the parade in Farmington for the Alzheimer’s walk. It’s been an uphill battle with it, but it’s turning out pretty neat.”

MAB2.jpg.1b002d9b2b9786dc28f02f2762476b2

The Rest of the Story

Milfelt Auto Body Shop with Tow Truck out front as it appeared in 1967.

MAB1967.jpg.d23c5226792de911d442aedbb9b8

Milfelt Auto Body as it appears 50 years later.

&title=milfelts%20-%20Post%20Ideals%20-%

An Alzheimer's Walk scheduled for Saturday.

https://dailyjournalonline.com/news/local/alzheimer-s-walk-scheduled-for-saturday/article_dcecca8d-8a76-5b51-b57f-fcbb97067084.html

UPDATED:

70604533_1613521538789889_37981295336478

Hundreds of people converged in the parking lot of C.Z. Boyer-Taylor Chapel in downtown Farmington for the Walk to End Alzheimer's on Saturday morning.

The parking lot was filled with purple shirts as walkers registered with event volunteers at booths and people were gathering around for the opening ceremony.

Audra Caine from B104 opened the ceremony and spoke of some of the challenges and statistics associated with people affected by Alzheimer's disease.

Darlene Milfelt-Klein was the individual who raised the most money bringing in $7,498.65 for the cause.

Walkers then lined up behind the Milfelt Wrecker and Auto Body tow truck which led the charge of the Alzheimer's warriors through downtown Farmington.

RESOURCE LINK

milfeltsWS1.jpg