Quantcast
  • Join the TowForce community.

It looks like you're not logged in. Register to get started and to receive Tower Down Notices.

The U-Haul Driver did not even stop!

By now we are all aware of just how fast this situation can play out. We take are eye off the on coming traffic for a half a second and there's vehicle that failed to move over right there. Had we taken a step or two at most at the very least we would caught a mirror. I had one just two days ago, not a vehicle and sight and whiz a black Dodge Charger maybe 18 inches from the white line and my truck was on it. No, back up it was around 2am all the traffic had been moving over except for this one idiot. Had I thought I needed back up I would have certainly called for it. All it take is that one time and this can happen. Luckily I was not injured and the truck was not struck. Sadly, my story can be told by countless tow operators weekly. Maybe we need a post for us to vent, cause if not these instances simply build up or do you just let them go. In reflection the memory of the last near miss is gone as soon as there is another. This happens once or twice a week, I just hope my odds of not being struck are high. But, I'll have to increase my awareness how about you?

Ohio State Highway Patrol Facebook Page:

JUST RELEASED: Dash-cam footage of trooper’s cruiser being struck this past weekend.

The trooper was changing a tire on a disabled vehicle on the Ohio Turnpike, when a U-haul truck went off the roadway striking his cruiser. The U-Haul did not stop at the crash scene, but was located a short time later. Always remember to #moveover for the flashing lights! It's the law!