Quantcast
  • Join the TowForce community.

It looks like you're not logged in. Register to get started and to receive Tower Down Notices.

Intact - Road Canada

TowZone

08-17-14: Dantow Wrote,

intact is now using road Canada for accident calls.Recieved a call from road Canada to tow burnt out chev 2500 at scene.

tcsc1 said:

another little bit of good news,..... NOT. R/C always have to hound them to get paid.
Dan do you have a 3rd party dispatch or does North Bay call you? D

towcats said:

We do some work for Intact in Alberta. They are easy to deal with, and pay on time-for the most part. However....I can't say the same for Road Canada. They are deadbeats!!  Are you reading this Road Canada?? Call me and prove me wrong.   Short pay, won't pay, don't pay-It's all the same.  They call-I listen to all the information, and then ask to be paid. I tell them that they have been suspended until they return my call to my admin office. Hasn't happened yet. We call, leave a message-nothing. They have set the tone. They don't pay, I don't need them. I've got my experience driving a tow truck, now it's time to earn a little money. Are you listening?
How are other towing firms being treated? Is it just me? What happens if we (as a group) demand to be paid?  I'm talking fair pricing, nothing else. Knowledge is power.

expresstowing said:

I have heard lots of horror stories about Road Canada but they are fine with me. We do lots of pickups from other compounds and the make the payout with a credit card. There accident rates arent half bad. I would actually make more from Road Canada then Intact would offer me for a tow out!

Kells Towing said:

Thanks for info dantow, Dennis and tow cats went through the same thing with Richard in accounting after 2 hours on the phone had copy of cheque sent to me via fax and arrived in mail 3 days later, what helped me was I had vehicle waiting to deliver, so like expresstowing Road Canada treats me well now, ever since Richard left in accounting about a year ago, have had the odd slow pay, but all in all 100% better. Same as expresstowing, we pick up vehicles from other compounds and deliver. Tj

towcats said:

Intact pays MY prevailing rates-I don't let an Auto Club decide what my rate is. I KNOW my true costs, and then charge accordingly. Who are they to decide anything about my business. I consider every offer, but it's me that makes the final decision. 
 I'm not sure if tow-ers understand how an Auto Club works. It goes something like this: The Auto Club negotiates with the Auto Manufacturers and Insurance Companies for a rate. Let's call it--$17.75 is paid to Engulf and Devour Auto Club for every car and truck sold by Offshore Motors. Engulf and Devour in turn contracts the towing and service work to you and I. We (as tow-ers) take whatever is offered to us by Engulf and Devour, because they offer a volume of work. Plus, we don't want our competitor to get the contract from Engulf and Devour. The Auto Club is a business-a big, smart business that makes money by being the middle man. They seem to be doing very well, Thank You. On our backs, I might add.
We (as tow-ers) have given our profit away to smart, powerful people. Sad.
  Back to Road Canada. Who has the time to spend two hours on the phone to settle one towbill? I pay $30.00 an hour to my admin girl. My drivers get more than that. I bought 3 new 2015 carriers this year to date. I've done the math-if that towbill was under $200.00, I should have not done it at all. I'm upside down. READ- NO profit. I turned the wheels, paid for a driver, fuel, and put miles and time on a truck for NOTHING! If I'm lucky, the Auto Club will short pay me-if I'm unlucky, I won't get paid at all. Then I collect some taxes for the government, because we are special, and on top of this I pay taxes for the dollars I grossed.(or not) All this, and my competitor will do it for less than me, because he doesn't know his true costs. I won't participate in a race to the bottom.
 I don't have a vehicle in my compound to deliver to be used as a bargaining chip. Consider yourself lucky. Knowledge is power.                                                                       Rant off.

towdriver said:

I don't do many calls for road canada but haven't had a problem as of yet. I always get a credit card number before I leave or if vehicle is coming to our yard it doesnt leave till bill is paid.

Archived