Quantcast
  • Join the TowForce community.

It looks like you're not logged in. Register to get started and to receive Tower Down Notices.

Tower Down: 08.23.19 (TN) "Updated with few details"

TowZone

A Driver from Starlight Wrecker Service, Cookesville, TN has lost their life.

There are few details at this time. Tower Down notification pending confirmation.

UPDATE:

A Statement released on the companies FB page says:

Please everyone keep Scott s family in your prayers. You will be missed dearly even though I only knew you short time. I'll carry your chains for now on ol friend.

Scott was our last new hire and I'd have to say one quick learner. Please excuse our absence next few days as we all try wrap our head around this accident. Thank you! Tex

No News Report has been found and no details of the accident have been provided at this time.

UPDATED 08.26.19:

A post by the company on the companies FB page says:

"Not sure yet all we know is he got to the drop off and his rollback ran him over."

A Post states Services for Scott are Wednesday, August 28, 2019 at 1 AM CDT

"I do not know if that is a typo and it should read 1 PM CDT" "No Call Backs"

26758169_328430804326305_398927291478003

Scott Pimental

At this time, I have been unable to add details of this tragic accident to the Tower Down Topic.

It seems from some research Scott Pimental was 49 years of age and possibly lived in Howell, NJ and other cities/towns in Tennessee. However none of this is confirmed and requests for information have not been returned.

This topic has been updated, there continues to be a lack of details. However we do know that he was dropping off a vehicle when his truck rolled over him. There are no reports found at this time, this is not uncommon as we have had this issue a few times in the past when researching industry deaths. A tragic death of a tow operator, but many jumped to the conclusion early on this was another tower struck on the side of the road.

Though, it may be later than we would have preferred. I believe there is now enough information to release a tower down email.

I received a call this weekend by someone that knew him and looking if there was anything that could be done for the family and he was setting up a go fund me account. He was unsure of the details but said there was a problem with the park on the truck and they was unable to get the truck to go in park at the scene. I have not seen any info on local news or online on this. I asked him to send me details by email. I believe if this is the case that the towing company wont be giving out much details.

• Like 1

I was able to get the obituary and funeral information from the following link:

https://www.meaningfulfunerals.net/?action=obituaries.obit_view&CFID=e74e7351-7110-4355-b4f9-25b129c55ce8&CFTOKEN=0&o_id=6541287&fh_id=14145

I also found out through Starlite's FB page that there will be a wrecker line-up:

https://www.facebook.com/StarliteWrecker

Still, there is no official news report that has been located yet. 

Charles

• Like 1

Charles Duke

American Towman Magazine/Tow Industry Week

From Starlite Wrecker Service FB Page.

For any Wrecker companies who are going to attend for the line up and ride thru town, if possible let me know so we can give the funeral home an idea of how many trucks will be particapating. This is not a must just so we'll have a rough estimate. We thank each and everyone of you for your continued prayers, kind words and support thru this. May God bless each and every one of you and keep y'all safe.

Here's the address and arrangements for Scott's funeral services.

Halls Funeral Home
2106 Cookeville Hwy
Livingston, TN 38570

Thursday August 29th
12-2 pm visitation with funeral service starting at 2 pm