Quantcast
  • Join the TowForce community.

It looks like you're not logged in. Register to get started and to receive Tower Down Notices.

30 min ETA by DragNTow

TowZone

06-19-16: DragNtow Wrote,

So Quest calls at 2:36 PM for a local tow and I give a 30 min. ETA. They say   "will send fax". Fax arrives at 2:54 PM. 18 MINUTES LATER ! Do I need to start adding fax time to my ETA's?  Faxes are taking longer now than in the past.

If any Quest rep's are watching this..........YOU HAVE A PROBLEM.............FIX IT

Surrytower said,

Tell the dispatcher 30 min after the fax arrives.

NationalAutow:

The only thing slower than a fax is snail mail.

Everybody that's anybody in the business they are in can at least send an email.

Is there anybody that can't receive an email?

Most, if not all of the clubs we handle send a request over digitally. They do not even call us most of the time.

certifiedautomall nj said:

We get emails from Quest and they take 15 min to come in too

silverhawk said,

Not everyone has access to our company e mail account.  Just the manager and the office personnel.

At 2 am, the office is closed and the driver has a key to office to retrieve fax info. 

No, we do not let our driver leave until the fax is received, ever.

kw6x6 aka Mack6x6 said:

Everybody that's anybody in the business they are in can at least send an email."  I am 65 yrs old, been in the business over 40 yrs, do not consider myself a "nobody" and I do not email - don't want to.  I use fax, snail mail and phone.  Sorry for being a nobody in your eyes.  Steve.

NationAutow said:

I wasn't trying to offend anyone. I just see that email is the modern way of doing things. In 40 tears I would bet you have used a mechanical wrecker although you likely use hydraulic equipment today. It is just  sign if the times. Cars used to have steel bumpers and tow trucks had slings. For the most part that is not true anymore. Forty years ago no one had heard of the internet. Today, it is where a customer goes to find us.

I will also point out that cell phones were non existent 4o years ago but you likely have one in your pocket. If you are holding out to the past, it is a flip phone. If not, it is a smart phone capable of receiving email from a free email account.

If you are planning a retirement soon, my hat is off to you. If not, I would suggest that you get caught up to 2016 technology. If you don't, your competitor will.

Philip

Mack6x6 said:

Philip, the point of my response was that I CHOOSE to not email.  I have 2 mechanical and 2 hydro wreckers as well as a rollback.  I have had a smart phone for about 2 years now so that I can use Square to get paid on the fly.  We are listed on the internet to get hits.  I just don't like email - I know it's popular because all my vendors want to email my statement at the end of the month but I have them snail mail it because that's what I want.  Hell, all government transactions have to use email.  My local Ford parts guy HAS to use email - can't even call anybody at Ford anymore.  A few of my customers have texted my cell phone (#on bus card) to inquire as to the status of the repair(s) on their vehicles - I do not respond to these.  I only respond if they call my office and ask for me.  It's just the way I want to do business and I believe that should be my choice.  Steve.

Archived