Quantcast
  • Join the TowForce community.

It looks like you're not logged in. Register to get started and to receive Tower Down Notices.

Wrecker for rent

Topic Originally Created by Lepley n Sons Towing in November of 2011.

Last January I was hit by a car outside the wrecker and the wrecker was hit also . Legally parked on the side of the road . when that happens the car that hits your vehicle has to pay for rental . Well His insurance company said we will pay you for loss of use . They took 73 days to look at and give me check . The accountant for them figured  it to be $9.14 a day . REALLY !!!!!!!! .  My question to everyone  whats would be a fair price to rent a  1 ton wrecker per day , or week .  Only reason for this post is I want to show the insurance company the responses .   A car to rent is $ 20.00 per day

lanz70 said:

time to get a lawyer.

Niemans Towing r53_1559570274.gif said:

wow! thats a joke, when i got hit the rent was 250.00 a day they paid 19grand for a subframe on a truck that was only worth 25 grand the rent on the truck was almost 19 grand its self, id get a lawyer asap!

Autobodynj said:

I own a rental company, I have been paid as high as $450. Per day for a F650 flatbed. That was part of a court case that a warranty company denied a claim for a local towing company putting their truck out of use for 100 days. More recently two insurance companies paid $350 per da on two separate claims. Good luck.

Brian Bell said:

We'll that accountant might be pretty close on his figures but he needs to not only give you the "Profit" of $9.14 a day that you lost... (just a little wrecker owner humoremoticonpoke.gif)  He also needs to pay for the Drivers Wages that were not made by that truck during the down time and also pay the cost of insurance and truck payments for those 73days.   

I would figure the fixed expenses that the truck you can't use actually cost you a day
   Insurance $20 per day
  Driver's Pay $125 per day
  Truck Note $40 per day
etc... That's $194.14 (don't forget the "profit") a day right there and you have lost other things you can't easily put a price tag on like a Rolling Billboard, The readiness to service your customers and or Thanks to them dragging their feet you might have lost customers altogether.    

764250a532cfadd9a05cd26a814ae8c7157f5db.

Jamie Dougherty said:

Call me at 6108281613 I will tell you how to resolve this issue. I had the exact same thing happen to us and we took them to court and got paid the total cost for the units down time.
JAMIE DOUGHERTY
JANEWAY TOWING

Arnott said:

We rent for $300 per day, the most common rate I hear for down-time is $350 a day based on a 25 day month (for every 7 days you get paid for 6). I testified in a court case a few years back, the lawyer for the ins. co. thought the rental rate (275 per day at the time) was "absurd" A local rental company at the time rented a $12,000 Hyundai (new price of a Hyundai at the time) for $39.99 a day. So, an $80,000 truck should be worth $275 a day. The Judge did the math, the customer got paid in full for the rental fees.

The Tow God Said:

In our area, we can't rent a tow truck. What we do is take 3 months of income for that particular truck, and divide it by the amount of days in the 3 month period to come up with a daily average of what that truck makes. We then take the daily average and mutiply it by  the number of days the truck is down, or the time we lost the use of the truck, and that is what we charge the insurance company. Here, they call it Loss of Use.
DJ
Freddie MAC's, Inc.South El Monte, Ca

FlashRoadService said:
I think peach state wrecker sales down by Atlanta will rent tow trucks. you could call then i have checked on it before I can't remeber what they quoted but it was way more than any $9.00 a day.

Slick Willy said:
Forget what it costs to rent the truck , show them you invoices that truck has completed in a span of 73 days and show them the money it cost you, for lack of a better term loss of wage, Id say its about time to get a lawyer u should know your in the business insurance companies dont play nice ........Good Luck...............I just read what tow god said  my thoughts exactly lol

dallastrucks said:
Tow truck rental ...$300+ per day plus insurance and any stickers.(inTexas you need stickers and #s).. most about $100 basic stickers ... We have a couple trucks dedicated to just rentals.. and they are booked.....

I say get a lawyer..... You deserve it .....

TowZone said:
Company did the collection process for loss of use. Only to find that they lost a part of their commercial business accounts while the unit was down. In hindsight it would have been better for this company to rent a truck and seek the compensation while servicing their commercial accounts promptly. If a company has enough units to take up the slack it would be best to seek loss of use. If it is a one or two truck company, the loss of business during that time could be devastating. Be prepared, know the risks ask an Insurance Pro Here before it happens to you.

Lepley n Sons Towing said:
Thats what they are trying to do loss of use . The difference is nine dollars , part I cant get them to see is the heavy wrecker did not get used last year during this time frame . And It did a few tows after my accident had to have help to do this ( with broken leg and 3 ribs ) but it did bring in some income . Its not rocket science to figure out the heavy wrecker would bring income up in a hurry, ( Compared to a light duty ) when it was idle last year . I am nine dollars this year from what I was last year but I am $ 4000.00 more in fuel . We also had more snow last year than year before . Its time to get atty involved again

Lepley n Sons Towing: (2 days after the last post)
Well the truck just got hit again , Off the white line of the road , doing a winch out . Guess who the insurance company is again !

ESC r55_1559570275.gif said:
Anyone know of a tow truck rental company near southeastern PA.... our flatbed was hit yesterday and we are investigating a rental.

tow-truck-rental-service.png