Quantcast
  • Join the TowForce community.

It looks like you're not logged in. Register to get started and to receive Tower Down Notices.

Bring the small truck he said.

I got a call for a flatbed C30 in a ditch with roofing material in it, I said what's the weight, he said not much bring the small truck . Nick & I brought the 2001 F550 with a Chevron 408 & found a fully (over) loaded C60 with asphalt roofing backed in the ditch, guess they had difficulty getting it up the hill & backed into the ditch, lucky it didn't roll as it had a hard twist/lean. Guessing at 25,000lbs, good thing we have Holmes trees in the area, scotch blocks chained to rear D rings, drivers winch line low to the tree then a 3 part to the drivers side frame rail for a low pull, passenger side winch line 2 part high from the boom to the passenger side frame rail for an upward pull. Engaged  the winches & she came right out.

IMG_2412.JPG

IMG_2410.JPG

IMG_2411.JPG

IMG_2409.JPG

• Like 2

Hello from sunny (when its not raining) Orcas Island

6 hours ago, MidnightMitch said:

Nice Job. He probably hoped the smaller truck=lower price. That C60 looks like it's still in pretty good shape.

Yeah, No, my hourly rate has always been calculated of the weight of the casualty not what I bring to do the job:)

• Like 1

Hello from sunny (when its not raining) Orcas Island