Quantcast
  • Join the TowForce community.

It looks like you're not logged in. Register to get started and to receive Tower Down Notices.

Deputy Struck & Killed during Traffic Stop (TX)

TowNews

This is getting much worse and the number of Law Enforcement officer Struck & Killed are growing. Before long the numbers Murdered by passing traffic are going to be nearly as high as Tow Truck Operators Murdered Roadside.

Follow up:

Christine and I send our prayers to the deputies family in support of this tragic loss. But, for the life of me, I don't understand why law enforcement still conducts traffic stops on high-speed highways for the cost of a misdemeanor. While this may sound like a misguided statement, think about the dollars spent (and lost) to investigate the crash scene, time lost in traffic flow disrupted by the closure, loss of fuel, cost of accident clean-up, loss of a police vehicle, the price of hospitals, helicopter transport, and subsequent prosecution and court costs if a motorist is charged with DUI or distracted driving. The total costs per incident are immeasurable compared to the value of a speeding ticket. Not to mention, a family has lost one of their loved ones and the community has lost a well-respected member of their department.    R.

• Like 1

Randall C. Resch

I agree. That occurred twenty minutes from my home base. There is plenty of room to allow for the violator to pull off the road. The violator that was pulled over was also injured, the impact tore the door off of the violator's vehicle. The car that caused the collision had out out state plates. I believe that operator fatique had a considerable contribution to this event. 

To make matters even worse for this department, one of their detectives passed away two days later after a fight with cancer