Quantcast
  • Join the TowForce community.

It looks like you're not logged in. Register to get started and to receive Tower Down Notices.

Agero tried a chargeback for a credit card service

ESC

Late last week we received a letter from our credit card processor about a credit card dispute from Agero in the amount of $375.00.  Agero's reason for the charge back was stated as " Merchant accepted the dispatch but did not perform the service 1/4/18".  We pulled our records and I remembered the job, as I was the one that dealt with all of the phone calls.   Ive dealt with clubs and their BS for a long time, and I know how to handle them and get paid well by them.  Especially in strange situations.  This case was a Benz, supposedly off the road and wedged between a fence.  The vehicle was to be winched to the roadway so the customer could drive it home.  We all know where this is going, but  they were quoted a price to get the job done.  Oh and by the way, it was snowing that day and the roads were a mess.  The vehicle was approx 20 miles from us.  Anyway things were approved and I had the card in hand and ran it through our machine. Keep in mind all of that process took an hour of time for them to get things figured out and approved all while their customer sat off the roadway into a fence.  Once the card was run, I called the vehicle owner and advised him that we were contracted moments ago and that we could be on our way.  He was told 45 min to an hour due to the road conditions and off our operator went.  Just before we arrived on scene, the vehicle owner called us and let us know that the state police had arrived and called a tow to the scene.  My operator was minutes away so he continued there and as he pulled up, the benz was being towed away.  At that time we returned to the shop.  I called Agero to let them know and they gave me a hard time over still having to pay.   They had been advised up front that there was no GOA or cancellation once the card was run.  Then this week we get the charge back.  Today we found that the charge back was found in our favor and the money is back in my account.  I have always had great luck with charge back disputes in these situations.  I have pasted a copy of my charge back response that I sent to our card processor yesterday, and today the money is back in our account.

This is a first for me from Agero.  Over the years we have run so many credit cards from them that you probably wouldn't believe me if I told you.  Many of the jobs were GOA or cancelled, or for whatever reason changed up.  I have never once refunded of cancelled or lowered a charge amount with Agero.   This is the first time that they have ever attempted a charge back with me.   I already charge them very high rates on a card as I know how they are, and I know how they have tried to beat me up in the past.  Now this one will cost them more, as I have to charge them even higher amounts to make up for my wasted time on this silly charge back.  They don't ever seem to learn from their mistakes, so I figure that we might as well benefit from them and make money.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Case # XXXXXX

2/1/18

To whom it may concern,

Eagle Service Center Inc is an emergency towing and recovery company.  Our services were requested by Agero for job #XXXXX on 1/4/18.  We were requested to travel over 20 miles away to winch a vehicle from a ditch during a snowstorm.  A price of $375.00 was quoted to cover the round trip time of 3 hours at $125 per hour.  Agero was also advised that once we went out, the service would not be cancelled, refunded etc.  The terms were accepted over the phone by Agero supervisor John at extension 44259. (see the circled notes about the approved flat rate of $375 on the attached dispatch sheet originally sent to us from Agero).  The customer (driver of the vehicle) was contacted by our dispatcher and advised that we were on the way, but due to adverse weather conditions and far distance from the location, it would take over an hour for us to arrive.  Our tow truck and operator traveled to the location given and no vehicle was present.  The customer was called at which time we were advised that another service had pulled the vehicle from the ditch.  At that time our truck was returned to our facility which took a total travel time of 3 hours due to the road conditions and distance.  Our dispatcher called Agero and waited on hold for over 20 minutes to reach a supervisor to advise of the situation.  At that time, the supervisor requested a refund for the service.  They were advised that there would be no refund as the original agreed upon charge for our service was $125 per hour at 3 hours.  Our truck and operator were working for Agero at their request and were charged accordingly.  Eagle Service Center Inc provided the service that was asked of us.  Unfortunately, someone else helped get their customer out of a ditch and Agero feels that they do not need to pay us for the time our truck, and operator was in service, not to mention the time that the dispatcher had to wait on hold to contact Agero.

Paul Woodward Jr

Eagle Service Center Inc

610-458-5879

Paul@eagleservicecenter.net

store_21169_logo_image_1613770811.png

I'm glad you recovered your monies as entitled!  As many have said on these forums, this was not a "roadside call", this was a recovery - so why do roadside companies get involved?  The state police made the call to a local guy to expedite resolving the situation as other drivers may slow down to look and cause a more dangerous situation, etc., etc.  You responded as requested and under normal road conditions would have been there much quicker - i get it.  

People today just think that their roadside assistance covers every mishap they may ever have.  Thanks, Steve.

Steve Koob

Archived