Quantcast
  • Join the TowForce community.

It looks like you're not logged in. Register to get started and to receive Tower Down Notices.

Memorial held for tow truck driver killed in hit-and-run (AZ)

TowNews

TUCSON –  Dozens of tow truck drivers came together for a procession on the west side Sunday to honor one of their own.

Richard Struble was killed in a hit and run earlier this month.

“Oh my god my heart is bursting with love and joy,” Struble’s fiance Mary Brejak said.

On the evening of June 10, he was unloading a car in the parking lot of the Discount Tire on Oracle and Prince roads when the driver of a BMW sedan and lost control and slammed into Struble and his customer, Ramon Marillo. Both men were killed.

The driver ran from the scene. Tucson Police Department has an arrest warrant out for Justin Lang, 32, the man they believe was behind the wheel of the BMW that Monday night.

Almost two weeks later, this tight-knit community showed up in a big way to honor Struble’s service and dedication to his career.

“That could have been me or one of my drivers out there,” truck driver Brian Young said. “It’s like a brotherhood, so it’s showing our support for all the other tow truck drivers that lost their lives in the line of duty. People need to slow down, move over pay attention to roadside service. We’re out here for you. We’re here to help you and protect you, we’re putting ourselves on the line.”

Anyone with information about Lang’s whereabouts is asked to call 911 or 88-CRIME.

“I obviously feel horrible but I cannot carry any hatred in my heart and I hope no one else will too,” Brejak said.

RESOURCE LINK with video