Quantcast
  • Join the TowForce community.

It looks like you're not logged in. Register to get started and to receive Tower Down Notices.

Less than 3days and 700 miles old

Topic Originally Created on Tow411 in July of 2005:

3932590f59e804822cf9559e459719b8cead75d2

But the worse part is this is their replacement coach for a "Lemon" coach that spent more time in the shop than they owned it (kind of hard to do).John R.
AKA
Formula One Towing
Marquette, Michigan

In Memory of DNDTOWINGCOM who said:

Ouch! That's when ya think to yerself,"It must suck to be you!"~Dann

bfaf31dc2d1f0312e9727ec38476146f60c5a112

towmanjc said:

Gota love those RV`s!!! John the truck is coming along!!

timjohn said:

How heavy are those RV's? I always wondered if they were heavier than they looked.
Have fun and be safe
Tim

408Stroker said:

Well, depending on the length of that particular unit(which could be '33 - '38) the GVWR is either 22,000 or 24,000. Of course that's the gross rating and not curb weight. So would the curb weight be around 20k? The GVWR of the front axle is 7500, 8500, or 9000.

2443586b5d36eb63679915f2868e0fffb260082.

Timco said:

If I spent that much money for a MH, & it conked out that soon....I wouldn`t be a happy camper!

Gerry Sienk said:

had a few, being delivered to dealer from manufacturer not make it, and need towing. I couldn't tell, is that a pusher or front gas? Had a 3 axle pusher scale at 42,000. He was 15,000 on the front with a 7ft. set back axle. Towed him 125 miles over two mountains to Phoenix. Darn hard to stop, so I am going to rig up a brake set up like they use on the piggy-back transport of new trucks.

Auto Rescue said:

This lumux is a gas (454? up front I did not look at it close only from underneath) with four huge slide outs, two each side like you see on the left.

I stopped by the nexy day and it's rather huge inside they thought they were waiting for a fuel pump, they were still there today.John R.

Mr Waialae Chevron said:

To heck with that motorhome.....

I like that multi-colored Peterbilt that's towing that hunk-of-junk.
Good to see that rig in action!

3892519a2b1fbf885fcc9075d0e17825011922bc

Auto Rescue said:

Thank you both Joe & Barney it feels better with a little income instead of all outgo.John R.

It made a Nice Forum Banner back then:

MC06-15-06.jpg

John R.___" WATCH YOUR BACK"____