Quantcast
Towgirl4

New Truck with numerous problems!

Okay folks, I need some help here. Advice would be appreciated. I purchased a brand new Hino equipped with Jerridan bed with side puller. The truck itself is flawless but everything else with the upfit has been nothing but problems. Wiring issues, toolboxes falling apart, side puller not working properly, air supply lines blowing off. Everything related to the uplifting of the truck. The company said they would work with me and pay for my time correcting all the problems. However, it has been 7 months and nothing has been resolved. Not sure how to approach this any longer. I bought a brand new truck so I would not have to deal with issues, but this truck was down more than my older trucks. I am ready to consult a lawyer. Any suggestions?

Disappointing for sure! First, I think it is important to tell everyone who did the upfitting. Not to shame, but to let others know who we are talking about, and possibly who to avoid! Second, if this is a factory authorized upfitter, I think JerrDan would appreciate knowing about the problems and would likely after solutions. Third, there are a lot of customers on this forum, and providing more information about who and where and other specifics may encourage pressure from other potential customers and push them to provide a solutions faster and more transparently. I think we all know that sh!t happens, but to not address and fix these issues in a timely manner on a new truck needs to be called out. I do not think a lawyer is your best avenue, yet ... I do think that getting the manufacturer (JerrDan) involved is the way to go here. So more info and details would help get the ball rolling here ...

I have been talking to Jerrdan Warranty Dept. However, most of the issues stem from the install and not the actual product. McMahon Truck in Ohio is who we had purchased from. I didn't want to mention the company until I had made contact with the General Manager which was Monday and he hasn't bothered to called back with any solutions. Worldwide has offered to pick up our truck and take care of any warranty issues with the Jerrdan product which I completely appreciate. Kudos to their company. However, I am beyond disappointed with McMahon. We have several hours working on this truck due to extremely poor workmanship. I have emails throughout this whole ordeal including promises of reimbursing our time but alas nothing is being done. So maybe this will help someone else purchasing a truck.

If they are a Jerr Dan dealer then the Jerr Dan factory rep needs to step in. Immediately. You need to call Jerr Dan corporate and demand that they step in if this was a factory allocated dealer. 

Believe it or not still working on it. Worldwide will be looking over the entire up fitting of lighting next. They already took care of other issues. The person who worked on truck was inexperienced and had made several mistakes. I am at the Ohio tow show now waiting to talk to Paul from McMahon.  With everything that has went on, I would say if you need to buy a new truck go with Worldwide that is who I am sticking with after this ordeal.