Quantcast
  • Join the TowForce community.

It looks like you're not logged in. Register to get started and to receive Tower Down Notices.

Broke my dry spell. (Recovery from 2006)

It's been so long since I've had any big recovery work, almost forgot how. So how did it go? Not too good! Halfway through rigging to close the bed, the pto control decides to start dumping air and kicks the pto out. So, cut the pto off, rig, cut it on, winch, off, on, off, on, untill the job was done, course it could have been worse.

d83a6e8066a040f15eba2799b79918b5eb9dd82c

Left the dirt in the bed to soften the landing.

567f248688e72e61a2fe56916762de6e52c27467

Little front pull to put the hood back in place and strap down. Pull the bed closed and chain to frame. Used the matjack to lift bed up a little to clear the tube of the cylinder.

ef6c52f460a76103db8d58728abe575e826c0b26

Right about here had to stop, kick the pto off, build air, and get back to work.

e2bb2372ce3de48a0dcf4a3a2816015855bc0395

Almost ready for touchdown.

154de06ed62ad63e960a8dd93ae1aa6f69e55ae6

Then hook and tow. Get back to shop, replace pto control and see how the old one holds up to a 10 pound hammer.

I know it's not much of a job, but as slow as I've been anything is big.
DW Carter WM92343

anaron said:

DW know how you feel! Heavy recovery has been dead in my area for sometime now. Sure does feel good when you do get one! The only thing keeping me from major withdrawls is my light duty recovery is booming!RON BURNES

nullstowing said:

Our heavy recovery was dead in May and June, now it is great...
Nice job.

Max King said:

Nice job on the roll over. I know what you mean when it has been a while you start to wonder if you can remember how. The construction on I69 has been good to us this summer but will soon be over in Nov. Hopefully it will just roll into a good winter. NO PUN INTENDED.
Bruce

a5e2e4203cc40c171ef4413015ea717e1e0bc046

underdog said:

Nice job Dennis, even with the "minor mechanical malfunction".
Stay Safe, Rich.

jimjim said:

hey dennis nice job ! i bet that truck was back at work the next day thanks to your skill and extensive knowledge enjoyed your visit the other day i am sorry it did not last longer but we will make up for it next time at least you did not get caught in a thunderstorm and it looks like you had plenty of room to work on this job jim

Heavytowman12 said:

Nice of you to let me see how you handle this type recovery!
I won't feel right if I were to say nice job or nice work.

I do want to thank you for the time I spent viewing your photos