Quantcast
  • Join the TowForce community.

It looks like you're not logged in. Register to get started and to receive Tower Down Notices.

Tower Down: Highway 83 Fatal Rollover (ND)

TowForce

Slimsanta Reported June 4, 2013:

Highway 83 Fatal Rollover

One person was killed in a single vehicle accident early this afternoon on Highway 83 south of Minot.

A semi tow-truck that was hauling a pick-up was heading north on 83 and entered the median just after the noon hour.

The vehicle then hit an approach and rolled, killing the driver - a 37-year-old Minot man.

The name of the victim hasn't been released yet and the accident is under investigation by the Highway Patrol.

The News Link is Broken as well as the Obit Details. Please add any details you may recall.

Owl Wrecker Added this Info June 9, 2013:

In Memoriam of Daniel J. Newman "Website Tribute"

It has been a hard week for us at Ole Olson's Towing in Minot, ND.  Dan had been employed with us since around January of 2011.  Before that, he had co-owned and operated a towing company in town here, by the name D&D Towing & Recovery.  They later sold their business, and Dan worked at ABC Towing, before eventually working with us at Olson's.  Danny was a member on here, by the username 408Stroker, which some may recognize from previous conversations.  Anyone that did talk to him, would learn of his love for tow trucks and his upbeat admiration of the towing industry.  

His service was held yesterday and the outpouring of support from fellow towers was felt by the family and community.  We have set up a page on our website that will service as a memorial for Danny, but the best memories will be of those spent around Dan.  Thank you to all of those that were present yesterday for your support, and I ask everyone else to keep the family in your prayers.

http://olsonstowing.com/daniel

Towzone said:

I just set the topic up, you guys did a nice respectful page for a fellow tower, your fellow employee and friend as well as our Tow411 member. The tribute deserves much more attention then just and addition to a news story that has not been followed up on. Thank you the tow truck precession was impressive.

Ed Barker said:

I am very sorry to hear of his passing,, I had no idea,,,

I've talked to him many of times thru the years on here,,

my thoughts and prayers to the family.