Quantcast
  • Join the TowForce community.

It looks like you're not logged in. Register to get started and to receive Tower Down Notices.

i puy new an biger rims on my truck daully 3500 19.5 but they shaking while driving how to stop this

Guest deon mcdougle

Guest doingitall

Well, are the tires balanced? Front or rear vibration? Alignment performed with bigger wheels?  What manufacturer? If front shakes, does this truck have a steering stabilizer? If so is it big enough for the 19.5 modification? Mileage on the truck? suspension parts worn? Bigger wheels/tires will change a lot on a truck. Much more info needed ...

• 5 months later...

I've had this problem with my F450 tow truck and carriers before. Trucks are prone to the proverbial, "Death Shake", when tie-rod ends, front-end bushings, and or steering stabilizers are worn-out from high mileage use or curb-bumping and jumping. In some cases, shaking begins as the truck goes into a curve (like highway transition ramps) and when weight transfers from one side of the truck to the other. When shaking starts, the truck's driver has to recognize it immediately and drop the truck's speed almost to a stop to get the front-wheels from shaking. That's a scary process, especially when traffic from behind is typically tailgating. Note: When a truck comes new from the manufacturer, it comes to its owner balanced. Once different wheels and tires are added, there's bound to be problems. I took the truck to a well-known alignment shop and had all the front-end bushings and tie-rods ends replaced along with a complete re-alignment ... problem solved. One other possibility is the, "Cousin Vinny", theory that suggests ... "You've got mud in yer' tires." Did you do any recent work off-road or in mud environments?     R.

Randall C. Resch