Quantcast
  • Join the TowForce community.

It looks like you're not logged in. Register to get started and to receive Tower Down Notices.

Help identify this wreckers manufacturer

_MG_5488_MG_5490jpeg_reencoded_266712_MG_5520_MG_5521_MG_5522

More Images:

57wrekr boom

Danny Cassello said:

wow, some parts look like a Holmes but yet I do not believe it is.  I would guess possibly a Stringfellow wrecker unit. 

michael212 tubegreen.gif said:

Nice! I'm not sure what it is. It could be a early Ashton or Canfield unit? It appears to mostly be all there which is a good sign. Are there any riveted on data plates that are still on the unit? maybe post some photos of the winch and boom winch. That might give a idea depending on the design.
Michael Myers
253.588.1757 ext 150

sigmichael212.gif

kynick said:
Possibly No-Mar
Nick Schade

Original Post Creator Added:
This is the only identifying marking I could find "Tennessee USA" stamped on the inside of one of the mast pillars.

5119625202_fb743a38fc.jpg

Main winch
5119028437_878112498d.jpg

Looking over the main winch at one of the boom winches.

5119622692_9185143a99.jpg

Spanky over on stovebolt said he thought it looked to be assembled from different units, maybe an Ashton mast, Stringfellow Booms, and a Hubbard service body.

I've been looking at a lot of images, and the booms with the center boom is most like a Canfield than any I've ever seen. But I've only seen one image of a Canfield and it wasn't very detailed.  But to me it looks like a Canfield is a better fit than a Holmes.   I've not seen any Holmes with this boom configuration.

I haven't been able to see any definitive images of an Ashton or Hubbard wrecker, or a Stringfellow for that matter.

I wasn't able to locate any images of a No-Mar or Nomar that looks like this.  The Nomar double booms that I was able to find hooked into the very bottom of the masts. This setup is near the center of the masts. The masts of the Nomars I was able to see were also much thicker, square and heavier duty than this mast.  If you could find some pictures to compare that would be helpful.

shelbart said:
it looks like rube goldberg had something to do with it.

mm212 said:
looks like it used to be a holmes, but someone took the winches out.

• 4 years later...