Quantcast
  • Join the TowForce community.

It looks like you're not logged in. Register to get started and to receive Tower Down Notices.

What are you guys using for toolbox lighting?

ESC

I am tired of my dim lights in my MPL40 toolboxes... when the switches work.  Time to make some changes.  We are going to remove the junk switches and wire toolbox lighting to the parking lights.  I want to run LED and we are thinking of strips.   Looking for something high quality and trouble free.   Something that comes in a bulk roll would be nice too as I wouldn't mind being able to customize it and do all 7 of our trucks but I am open to suggestions.

store_21169_logo_image_1613770811.png

I ordered stick on led lights on a roll from a miller dealer, Bresslers in Morgantown PA for all my wreckers and rollbacks. What a difference, lights it up like daytime.

Very nice. We are 20 min east of Bresslers.

We ordered some 18” led strips today from a local lighting supplier to try them out. They recommended them highly. Going to try out in one truck before ordering enough to do them all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...

We ended up using Maxxima Led strips from our local lighting supplier. They were actually a few dollars per strip cheaper than we found online. They gave us a 5 year unconditional warranty as well. They were fast and easy to install. We installed them in my MPL40 and wired them direct to the marker light wiring that was already in the boxes. This way they come on when the running lights are on and turn off automatically. No more silly pin switches.

Last night I was out around 11 pm in the pitch black and I took this picture to show how bright they are. We used an 18” strip. We just ordered more to install in all of our trucks.

ed39d4821e7444b914c1e8cb7ec0183c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1