Quantcast
  • Join the TowForce community.

It looks like you're not logged in. Register to get started and to receive Tower Down Notices.

Critique this Roll Over!

• 2 months later...

I'll respond to this scenario looking beyond the video and condier the "what if possibilities" should the attachment break and the loose car rolls away only to injure or kills someone nearby ... stranger things have happened. Besides using 2x J's, I see no use of ground lumber for rollaway protection and question if attaching a Mini-J or T-hook into a T-slot is a proper practice. Although using J-Hooks and cluster attachments are fast, the application is questionable. As there are a million ways to work a rollover, tow operators tend to use what tools or accessories that work for them. The matter of "proper" doesn't come into play until something breaks. By then, proper becomes the issue that's too late to apply. It's my opinion that J-Hooks are NOT for recovery when considering the right tool for the job as any court or jury would.    R.

Here's an OSHA fatality example of a tow operator fatality killed when the J-Hook failed

https://www.osha.gov/pls/imis/establishment.inspection_detail?id=308435908

• Thanks 1

Randall C. Resch

• 1 month later...