Quantcast
  • Join the TowForce community.

It looks like you're not logged in. Register to get started and to receive Tower Down Notices.

AAA Background Check

TowZone

03-03-05: Wade200 Wrote,

We received a letter from AAA in reference to having back ground checks for all of our drivers. This is not a problem since we do it already for state, county and local police. Although, AAA wants us to use their company to do this, claiming if you use their company AAA will reimburse some of the money. The way I see it, why doesn't AAA make their members get back ground checks... Why should I take the risk of being shot at 3:00 in the morning by a crazy AAA member. It could go either way.

This letter is really just the straw that broke the camels back for our relationship with AAA.

VDJHouse said:

Yeh we got the letter as well and since we do police work already it has been done on all are drivers and not a big deal, but if I remember correctly you are not supposed to send the results to AAA in any way. So my guess is they are doing this to cover their a** in court if something happens so they can wash their hands and put all liability on the contractor.

LOL... background checks on the members... that would be protecting the service providers and who wants to do that?-Greg
Dependable Towing & Recovery

Stevo said:

Anyone know what caused AAA to take this action?
I know of a few companies around here that will have Help Wanted signs up.

Choice Towing & Recovery - Fredericksburg, Va

Alan407 said:

AAA will be taking any of your good drivers, ( if they pass a back round check) because they will pay your drivers more than they pay you for doing tows.

THTDON said:

I am suspicious of the fact that they want you to use "their" processing company. A background check is a background check. If you are already doing them, and you can provide them with the results, what's the problem (for them)?

Wade200 said:

That's one of the questions we have. I just took a glance at this letter and then read another letter today from AAA, that requests a signature, giving them permission to do audits along with several other things I didn't care for. Adding poor rates and customers who expect the world for those rates to the equation, we will most likely be giving them up as a provider.

Gale25yrs said:

All my letter says is they want background checks done. It also says that all Wa. RTTO's (registered tow truck operators) meeting state requirements is sufficient for their needs. They dont want to see any paperwork they just want to know we comply. The letter also says that AAA will contract a third party to do the checks for towers that dont already have a system in place.

Not a problem here.

Alan407 said:

After you do a back round check, will AAA tell you to fire someone with a recorded? In Pa there only a few jobs you can`t have, if you have a criminal recorded, and tow truck driver isn`t one of them.

Archived