Quantcast
  • Join the TowForce community.

It looks like you're not logged in. Register to get started and to receive Tower Down Notices.

Tower Down 04.25.19 (MS)

Towman_1

Another MS tow truck driver was killed this morning. We have had severe weather in the central MS area, but the cause of the accident has not been determined. Crews are still on scene. The accident happened at the I-20/ Hwy 49 N. interchange early this morning. The accident involved another vehicle, but reports indicate the other vehc. driver will recover. The truck went over the outer wall in a steep curve on a fly-over and crashed in the median below. I don't want to release names of the company or driver, due to notification of family and other steps not yet taken. Various media outlets are dispersing information as it is released, but the towing community is a close group (we know who it was) and we ask that you pray for this man's family and friends at this time. 

Local news media is WJTV 12 and WLBT 3. 

Updates posted when available.

• Sad 2

JACKSON, Miss (WJTV) - According to Rankin County Coroner, 37-year-old Michael Buffington died in the accident.  

One person is dead following a wreck on I-20 westbound just past the Highway 49 exit.

Pearl police say a roll back wrecker and a car collided, the wrecker flipped over the edge onto the median of I-20. The other vehicle rolled upside down and rested on the rail of the flyover.

Traffic is backed up. Anyone traveling west on I-20 through Jackson and into Rankin County is advised to use extreme caution.

RESOURCE LINK with Video

R45RIEN7PBCVFOJAG2Z7FHYEE4.jpg

WUXZFFD5ZZHYRJZR3KPAX7NQLI.jpg

• Sad 2

Thought's and Prayer's to the Family, Friends and Co workers. I never knew so many regions have barriers on bridges and overpasses that were so dangerously low. Block motorist views and the odds of this as well as distracted drivers would decrease to odds of this occurring again.

There was approximately a 100 trucks there to show there respect today to support the family of Michael Buffington.

The family was really appreciative of all the area services who brought equipment, there was a great turnout.