Quantcast
  • Join the TowForce community.

It looks like you're not logged in. Register to get started and to receive Tower Down Notices.

2 More Oldies from the collection

TowZone

Submitted to Tow411 by Mark Redman (cfrtruck)

689ba0ae4e56b3b4758973a0fbb4fe222e63d625

8caebc63ca784faf45f61e0ebc2cc055c2d195c3

Joe Cummings said:

I swear that Brockway is John Griffin from Masher St in Philly's old truck. His was green and had a Continental gas motor in it. As far as I remember he died in 94 or 95. I have no Idea where the truck went after he passed. I think his son died too so it probably went up for sale.

cfrtruck said:

Joe: The Brockway is from Red and Arts in Stafford Springs, CT who had this truck for as long as I can remember. Traveling along I-84 eastbound just before the Massachusetts border you could always see this truck parked outside his station.

Da Wash Boss said:

that brockway is an icon next to I-84 out there. what them guys would do with that little brockway many guys on here claim only way to do that job is with a rotator. if that truck could talk wow would i love to listen. great pics mark, i never seen that white before where is that from?

Danny Cassello - TRPC - East Hartford, CT

Joe Cummings said:

Mark, John's was so close to that one it is almost unbelievable. I'll have to poke around and try to see what happened to his. He also had a bigger Brockway tandem with a 30 ton Weldbuilt on it and a big Continental gasser in it.

John was a great guy and an really good mechanic. He had a whole fleet of older Brockways working day to day in his trucking company.

Ed Barker said:

Those are pretty neat old pictures ,,,I can see where they would somewhat be limited with the single line though.I love to see those old photos.

Archived