Quantcast
Hfas

F650 Allison trans

I have a Allison trans with a code 003 002003 31 SPN. I found it is supposed to be a power from TCM to ECM but I can fins a wire from one to the other. Can anyone help me out or have you seen this code before?

Posted (edited)

Ck your harnesses real close, I had a 2007 F650 that had a couple wiring issues early on & it was because of poor/thin cloth wiring loom/chaffing. I went through whole truck front to back & secured/wrapped/loomed all the harnesses in problem areas. Look for areas where the harness crosses anything metal, brackets, loom mount, crossmembers, etc & wrap them then re secure so they don't chaff. I do have a wiring diagram for a 2007 Cummins/Allison, what year is yours?

Edited by Orcas Tow

I recall your topic on Tow411 regarding that wiring issue and searching for the cause. Then again you may have experienced with another truck as well. If I find the topic I'll bring it over to TowForce. Thanks

18 hours ago, TowZone said:

I recall your topic on Tow411 regarding that wiring issue and searching for the cause. Then again you may have experienced with another truck as well. If I find the topic I'll bring it over to TowForce. Thanks

Mine had an intermittent short in the wire from the GEM Module/Fuse Box to the TCM (transmission control module), I ended up running a new wire & also doing the preventative maintenance as I described above.

I've looked the harness over and did wrap and zip tie it up everywhere. I forgot to mention I only have the issue when it is warm out and the truck has been working hard. Al winter it was fine. Im going to check the fuse block though. Thanks!

Not sure about the 650's, the 750's in the fleet I work on have the module above the transmission. We have had several trucks with corroded contacts on the module plug. This will set many various codes, intermittent.

Wayne

I have looked through the archives and I must have been mistaken because I found nothing in relation to this topic.
I remember Orcas topic. It was in the ford chassis sub forum if I recall in 411.

To the original topic....

Check your battery there is a fuse or two there going to the ecms. Had a M2 shakker besides the 650 same electrical problem just changed all the fuses everywhere and no issue on the shakker. The trans used to just drop out and would lose the display to the trans on the dash. Had a Auto in a 55k chassis with a 350 isx.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Welcome to TowForce.net

Wanting to join the rest of our members?

Feel free to sign up today.