Quantcast
  • Join the TowForce community.

It looks like you're not logged in. Register to get started and to receive Tower Down Notices.

loaded tanker rollover 6-18-06

TowZone

butch,todd,gary and i worked this wreck this morning will post photos asap in tanker recoveries.

Latest: Intersection where fuel tanker overturned spilling diesel fuel reopens
New Tampa — Saturday morning just before 8:30 Tampa Fire Rescue units responded to an overturned fuel tanker at Morris Bridge Rd and Cross Creek Blvd. On scene fire crews found a tanker truck on its side. The driver, 43-year-old David Vega of Riverview, told authorities he was northbound on Morris Bridge turning left onto Cross Creek when the truck went on its side. Vega managed to exit the cab of the truck with only minor injuries. He was treated on scene by paramedics and was transported to University Community Hospital. Deputies with the Hillsborough County Sheriff's are investigating the cause of the single vehicle wreck. No charges have been filed at this time.

The tanker owned by Bulk Liquid Transportation of Tampa was delivering fuel to local gas stations. The truck has 7,500 gallons of gasoline and 1,000 gallons of Diesel on board. The wreck caused the truck to loose about 200 gallons of diesel into a ditch.

Tampa firefighters coordinated efforts with Hillsborough County Sheriff's deputies to close the intersection in all directions. There was a nearby strip mall containing several small businesses and a Publix store. The Publix remained open. The smaller businesses were too close to the incident and had to close.

MikeSwanson2018A.jpeg

MikeSwanson2018B.jpeg

MikeSwanson2018C.jpeg

MikeSwanson2018D.jpeg

MikeSwanson2018E.jpeg

MikeSwanson2018F.jpeg

MikeSwanson2018G.jpeg

MikeSwanson2018H.jpeg

it was butches day off, normally this upright is done with one wrecker but since i was going to tow it in i just rigged the front as a catch and set it on the underlift.butch drilled while todd kept a hose on the bit.after this they swapped turns on top of the tank transferring the fuel.it was really hot and humid one firefighter was transported due to heat exhaustion.
BANNER411.jpg

wstowing11 said:

Didn't you guys have a tanker go over on a holiday not long ago ?

Who gets to post pics Mike or Butch ?

I hope Butch let you do your first recovery with your tator !

Awood said:

Nice work men, looks like a nice controlled upright to me! Keep up the good work!

Looks like Butch just woke up...shirt still untucked!
curtsig1.jpg

WM010544 said:

Another great job by the Stepps crew! Butch is really getting some good work out of that tator!Ant

Scooby said:

looks to be a professionally done job

JRhd34

Very Nice job guys.. Keep up the good work J.R.

MTA415:

what!?!? they would'nt let you offload the diesel into your wrecker?? Scoundrels!!
sweet, tks for posting the job mike

Archived