Quantcast
  • Join the TowForce community.

It looks like you're not logged in. Register to get started and to receive Tower Down Notices.

Philadelphia Tow Operator Killed 1-28-2018

rreschran

A tow truck driver died from his injuries after he was struck by a hit-and-run vehicle during a crash that closed eastbound lanes on I-76 in Philadelphia.

Police say several vehicles were involved in a crash on I-76 East at mile marker 338.6, between Exit 338 (Green Lane/Belmont Avenue) and Exit 340A (Lincoln Drive/Kelly Drive) shortly after 9 p.m. Sunday. During the crash, a pedestrian was struck. Police say the vehicle that struck the victim left the scene.

The victim, who police say was a tow truck driver based in Havertown, was taken to the hospital where he later died from his injuries.

Police say they detained the hit-and-run driver and are currently interviewing him.

All I-76 eastbound lanes are closed up to the scene of the crash.

- - - - - - - - -

My prayers go out to another tow operator killed on a Philadelphia highway around 9:00 PM Sunday evening.

The tow operator (working a carrier) was struck and killed by a hit and run motorist on the I-76 eastbound. The name of the operator has not yet been released. From the news report it states, police say several vehicles were involved in a crash I-76 East at mile marker 338.6, between Exit 338 (Green Lane/Belmont Avenue) and Exit 340A (Lincoln Drive/Kelly Drive). During the crash, a pedestrian was struck. Police say the vehicle that struck the victim left the scene, however, the suspect has been detained as the investigation continues. If my count is right, we've lost 8x tow operators killed in January alone.    R

RESOURCE LINK

Name has not been relrased.

Reports are the company is

K & S Towing and Recovery, Havertown, PA

Tonight our family at K&S Towing and Recovery lost a good man, father, son, husband and brother in the line of duty. We want to express our sincerest gratitude to everyone who has and will reach out. Please hold your loved ones a little tighter today and say a prayer for the family.

RESOURCE Company Facebook Page

Tow truck driver dies after crash on Schuylkill Expressway

A tow truck driver has died after a crash on the Schuylkill Expressway.

The crash happened around 9 p.m. Sunday in the eastbound lanes near the Belmont Avenue exit in Lower Merion Township.

The driver who struck the victim left the scene but was later caught nearby by Pennsylvania state police.

He is being questioned.

RESOURCE LINK

UPDATED RESOURCE LINK

Randall C. Resch

So sorry to hear this!   We spent alot of time with Keith and Steve (and family) of K&S Towing while at the Baltimore tow show this year.  Great people!    So horrible to hear that another operator has lost a life.    This one is close to home for us, as we are only about 20 miles west of the accident location. 

store_21169_logo_image_1613770811.png

Archived