Quantcast
  • Join the TowForce community.

It looks like you're not logged in. Register to get started and to receive Tower Down Notices.

Burnt f450 dump

Job was done Dec. 2018

Got a call to recover a burnt dump "not far off the road". The truck owner also owned the property and his insurance company had an adjuster out on scene to watch the recovery.

We originally sent a medium rollback out to attempt it, but as soon as he got on scene he called for our medium wrecker. The path into the truck was uneven with a high center and various obstacles. The truck was approx 200 feet off the main road. I originally wanted to run both lines doubled, but wasn't able to due to distance, and even had to add our 50' extensions to each line. I placed 2, 1/2" chains around the frame rails and started pulling. The dump was sunk and frozen into the ground, so it the wrecker was being pulled back. I had to call back to the shop to have someone bring the spade out, which of course I had taken off the truck that morning. Once the spade arrived and was on, I tried again. The wrecker still was drug back about 3 more feet, the front end lifted about 8 inches off the ground, then the dump came free. Once it was to the road, I hooked it up, strapped the bed down, cleaned up the area and took the truck back to our yard. Total time on scene was about 1.5 hr. 

20181212_092534.jpg

20181212_092610.jpg

20181212_092618.jpg

20181212_092541.jpg

20181212_100740.jpg

20181212_100841.jpg