Quantcast
  • Join the TowForce community.

It looks like you're not logged in. Register to get started and to receive Tower Down Notices.

Motor Club Rankings Question Answered

TowZone

Question:

I am reviewing your Top Motor Club classifications. I want to know based on what criteria you base your rankings off of? Is it response time, customer service, number of providers, ect.? Thanks

Answer:

Using the same system for more than a decade. It is based on numerous factors gathered over the previous year. These are converted into numbers and combined with rankings submitted by members. Once those submissions have been added a list is presented to the membership for review. Should a number of members disagree, then the process is reviewed. We do not obtain a list of providers so that is not a factor. We do not factor in reviews from customers/members as those are not our focus. Our focus is how the providers rank the clubs.

As for Customer Service that would be a ranking of Providers and the Clubs. This is not our focus of these rankings.

Of course as with any poll or ranking there will be a margin of error. However, we have conducted this ranking of the Motor Clubs and have only changed the criteria of the rankings by adding different factors. Does this alter the outcome year to year. That is not conclusive, what is know is the industry participation in regards to the management and representatives of the club are a factor. The more expressible the two are effects the outcome. 

Volume, Method and Rate of Payments our major factors. These are not determined by the organizers of the rankings. These are submitted by the participating providers. Some of these providers currently provide service to the club and some do not. These are factors that are considered as well. In the end every effort is made to present a list which is accepted by the membership.

Follow up questions:

Will be answered within this topic.

There has been a Follow Up question asking if I could elaborate on the criteria was is used to rank the Motor Clubs.

This is my response:

There isn't much else to add as I do not disclose much more about the ranking system I developed and have used for many years. The system has not changed other than a few tweaks as it would effect the outcome. Can the system be manipulated, of course any poll is only as accurate as the data you put into it. The difference with this poll is the inquiry and request for rebuttal.

2018 TOP TEN LIST

1. NATION SAFE DRIVERS (NSD)

2. GEICO

3. ALLSTATE

4. TESLA

5. HONK

6. AAA

7. PINNACLE

8. AGERO

9. SWOOP

10. NATIONAL AUTO CLUB (NAC)

OTHER MOTOR CLUBS THAT WERE RANKED

11. ROAD AMERICA

12. AUTO HELP LINE (AHL)

13. URGENTLY

14. United States Motor Club (USAC)

15. QUEST

16. NETCOST

17. ALLIED

If we were to conduct this poll semi annual instead of annually the results may differ as the contributing factors change. As the number of members participating increases it can alternate the scores. The data in relation to topics/posts change as well. The factor that does not change is the request for list confirmation and rebuttal. Most years the numbers in disagreement have not warranted review and the list is accepted. Disagree with the current rankings then be sure to add your rankings when the polling being at the end of each year. Anytime throughout the year you want to comment on the rankings you are more than welcome to do so. I only ask that you have done business with a specific club you are reviewing within the past 6 months. If you stretch it to 18 months the note that detail. If you have not done business with a motor club in the last 18 months then sorry you no longer have a dog in that hunt. Move On, we needed to hear that in past polls. These Motor Clubs tend to change year to year, with factors such as Payouts and Representatives being at the top of the list. Followed by misdirection's and ETA checks every 5 to 10 minutes. We can go more into this if you like, however I will not reveal the full method used as that may compromise the process and/or another source  may choose the conduct a similar ranking and market it. Odd enough no one has wanted to take on this task over the past decade.

•  

Archived